Paid Search Manager - Contract
- International House, 1 St Katharine's Way, St Katharine's & Wapping, London E1W 1YL, UK
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with eight additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing 150+ employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds; locally we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network - meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking. We foster a culture of ‘Work Hard, Play Hard’, and actively encourage our team members to have, and share opinions.
We’re looking for a Paid Search Account Manager to lead campaign management & strategy for our most important paid search accounts. This role requires extensive experience of paid search management across multiple platforms. The Paid Search Manager will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing paid search activation on selected accounts, as well as contributing to cross-channel media plans where required.
The role requires a thorough understanding of a client's business needs and goals to define how these can be achieved through Search. This position will be accountable for driving best-in-class activation across our client portfolio, as well as contributing to internal departmental initiatives, working closely with the Paid Search leadership team.
In this role, you will oversee the management of Senior Account Executives and Executives and be responsible for their personnel development and performance assessment.
Life as a Search Account Manager at DWA
- Own the day to day client relationship for large paid search accounts and be the face of the internal team.
- Own the collaborative relationship with other agencies and external partners involved with their client(s).
- Ensure that our account delivery, service levels and performance to the client is industry leading
- Work with the Media team & Senior Account Manager to recognise new service and growth opportunities.
- Accountable for thought leadership activity both with the client and internally, putting forward new topics of interest and championing creative strategic thinking.
- Inspire and challenge the client with innovative and digital-first marketing solutions.
- Ensure effective communication across internal teams and across the client, media owners and agency partners.
- Responsible for the overall delivery of, and client satisfaction in, their portfolio of accounts.
- Manage team of Junior and Senior Account Executives, leading performance reviews and overseeing professional development.
- Extensive experience managing paid search campaigns across Google Ads and Bing, including exposure to search management platforms such as Search Ads 360, Marin etc.
- Team management and development experience is a benefit
- Experience applying strategic thinking to complex paid search campaigns, with a demonstrable track record in achieving KPIs
- Experience of collaborating with senior level stakeholders both internally and externally
- Excellent presentation skills and confident communicator
- Excel at building relationships, both internally and with clients
A few of the benefits
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company Pension, private medical and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter