Senior Paid Social Manager
- St Katharine's Way, St Katharine's & Wapping, London, UK
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with eight additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing 150+ employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds; locally we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network - meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking. We foster a culture of ‘Work Hard, Play Hard’, and actively encourage our team members to have, and share opinions.
We’re looking for a Senior Paid Social Manager, responsible for leading a group of 7 Social experts. As a Senior Social Manager, you are an expert in paid social and can bring innovative social solutions to our clients. Your responsibilities include building and growing strong senior-level client relationships, providing strategic direction to the team, maintaining the financial health of your accounts, scoping projects and developing staff. Together with the Head of Search & Social, you will move the Paid Social specialism forward and in line with our agency vision, both internally across the wider network and externally with clients & industry peers.
Life as a Senior Social Account Manager at DWA
· Lead quarterly business review meetings as well as other senior-level client meetings and presentations
· Manage, train, and develop the team of account managers & executives
· Monitor account profitability and ensure accurate billing and forecasting to ensure the financial health of the accounts
· Participate in establishing business plan objectives with the Head of Search & Social and determine process & best practice guidelines
· Actively generate case studies to showcase DWA’s work
· Interview applicants for available positions and recommend selection, promotion, discipline and related personnel actions
· Own the relationship with our senior client stakeholders aiming for high client satisfaction and retention. Truly understand our clients brand and the B2B industry
· Own the collaborative relationship with other agencies and platform partners
· Work with the Head of Search & Social to recognise new service and growth opportunities
· Accountable for thought leadership activity both with the client and internally, putting forward new topics of interest and championing creative strategic thinking
· Ensure effective communication across internal teams and across the client & platform partners
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
· Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
· Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
· A selection of other industry standard benefits
What we are looking for in you
· Proven experience implementing and managing B2B paid social campaigns across multiple platforms. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram experience required
· Experience in managing campaigns on social media management platforms. 4C and Sprinklr experience required
· Ability to think strategically and identify and resolve problems in a client-centric environment
· Ability to manage campaign analytics within Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics environments
· Ability to nurture and retain client relationships & understand how Paid Social can feed into wider business goals
· Strong managerial experience, including experience developing and mentoring a team of at least 5 people in the past 12 months
· Experience in working with Prisma/Mediaocean
· Experience working with financial data and budgets in multiple currencies
· Ability to collaborate effectively with other agency capabilities to meet common goals – ideally previous exposure to planning collaboratively with search and/or programmatic teams
· Experience of collaborating with senior level client stakeholders
· Experience leveraging OPAL
· We anticipate the successful candidate will have circa 5 years’ experience with strong current experience managing B2B paid social campaigns
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.