Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst
- 1050 17th Street, Denver, CO
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst is the key liaison between high profile clients and the Merkle Analytics Teams. This is a highly visible position, as the Senior BI Analyst elicits and drives requirements and initiatives for a Merkle client(s). As a Senior BI Analyst with Merkle, you will be responsible for delivering outstanding data visualization solutions for our industry leading clients in a variety of business verticals. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of data visualization, data storytelling, and business intelligence best practices and has full project lifecycle experience on multiple projects deployed using Tableau.
- Assist clients and internal Merkle teams in identifying KPIs, defining data structures, and designing/building reports and dashboards
- Provide thought leadership and guidance in the development of client-facing presentations and read-outs
- Run discovery sessions and create documentation for business use cases and metrics/dimensions required to support the BI solution
- Assist database and ETL developers in designing data structures for the BI solution
- Leverage data visualization best practices to build dashboards based on the requirements and business use cases identified during discovery
- Quickly iterate on design of dashboards incorporating feedback from the project and client teams
- Translate data into human insights and stories which drive change in marketing strategy and tactics
- Work with various internal stakeholders to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in statistics, math, economics, or related scientific/quantitative field required; Advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years experience building dashboards and delivering insights using Tableau
- Tableau expert with experience building dashboards in Tableau Desktop and performing front-end maintenance of Tableau Server including setting permissions as well as defining projects and user groups
- Experience with Marketing, especially: Digital Media, Email Marketing, and Site Analytics required
- Experience with additional BI/data visualization tools such as Spotfire, Qlik, Power BI, etc. a plus
- Experience with data modeling for BI
- Skilled with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- SQL experience to conduct basic data analysis and use case analysis; ETL experience a plus
- Qualified individuals possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency.
- Qualified individuals possess excellent communication, interpersonal skills with a strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to travel when necessary-Can be up to 25%
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.