Senior Media Consultant
- Leopoldstraße 150, 80804 München, Deutschland
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with 14 additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing 330+ employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breath to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, AWS, Slack, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds; locally we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network - meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking. We foster a culture of ‘Work Hard, Play Hard’, and actively encourage our team members to have, and share opinions.
We also love to connect on a global level with our colleagues from around the world. It sounds cliché but we really are one big happy family.
The Senior Media Consultant (SMC) is a key team member across selected key DWA B2B clients, operating as the day-to-day key person in delivering client work. Leading client relationships autonomously you will be responsible for implementing planning and buying across your designated clients. This will include but not limited to; strategic planning, pre and post campaign reporting and financial administration.
The SMC will have responsibility of managing the Account Managers and Account Executives, reporting into the Account Director. You will be expected to have a very strong working knowledge of the media space (including digital, biddable and traditional media) and available media research as well as having the ability to train others on syndicated or cloud media tools (ad serving, research, reporting) and general procedures (both media and inter-department).
Life as a Senior Account Manager
- A leadership role; demonstrating account ownership and identifying growth opportunities
- Training and mentoring other members of the team including those at account manager and exec level; being accountable for their growth and development
- Oversee and manage campaigns, including oversight and development of strategic recommendations
- Pre and post campaign reporting
- Conducting competitor analysis as and when required
- Manage key client relationships including these with media owners and marketing teams based client side
- Lead vendor relationships, directing negotiations and building bridges with senior vendors
- Dynamic presence in presentations and other forms of client or internal communication
- Work with analytics team to monitor, analyze, and report on campaign results and make regular recommendations on how to optimize campaign performance
- Circa 5 - 7+ years' experience working in the digital media buying and planning space
- Successfully completed bachelor’s degree in Economics, Industrial Engineering or similar commercial education
- Professional client communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, but also can work well in a team
- Ability to proactively organize daily tasks
- You have a proven network with important partners and contacts in the industry, including local publishers, other agencies and technology partners
- Experience in developing widespread multi-channel strategies and a sound understanding of the key concepts in this field
- Experience with digital marketing channels (paid search, social media, programmatic marketing and analytics)
- Experience to work and communicate with c-level executives
- Excellent command of German and English (written and spoken)
What We Offer:
- Varied and exciting work in an international company
- Lean company structure with flat hierarchies and short decision routes
- A modern office excellently located in the heart of Munich
- An open-hearted, friendly team that enjoys its work and is looking forward to growing with you
- An attractive salary package
If you enjoy working on and being responsible for challenging projects and want to work with a successful team, please apply to DWA!