- Arc House, 82 Tanner St, London SE1 3GN, UK
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Every year a larger share of advertising & marketing is being bought digitally, and companies are turning to advanced technologies to help them make the most of their budgets. However, implementing adtech & martech is complex, challenging and ever-changing, which is why it takes specialist knowledge to ensure it is done correctly.
Google Marketing Platform is among the world’s most advanced platforms for the buying, management and measurement of digital advertising and Merkle are one of just a handful of companies entrusted by Google to help global businesses setup their technologies in the right way.
As an Ad-Tech Consultant (Tech & Data), you will lead projects to advise some of the world’s biggest companies on how they should architect and implement advertising & marketing technologies, including Google Marketing Platform, to ensure they are able to deliver best-in-class digital communications. You will also help companies to measure the impact of their media activity using Google and third-party tracking technologies.
Due to the growing importance of digital data and analytics within organisations, you will play a crucial role in helping clients to transform not just their communications practices, but their overall approach to business.
Life as an Ad-Tech Consultant at Merkle
- Lead discovery sessions with clients to deeply understand their businesses, and transform their complex needs into simple technology requirements
- Advise clients on how their advertising & marketing technologies should be setup and integrated with each other
- Lead the presentation of architecture proposals to clients and win buy-in for your recommendation from senior points of contacts
- Train the client, their teams and their agency partners on how we’ve architected and implemented their advertising & marketing stack, and how they should adhere to the best practices you’ve defined moving forwards
- Become an expert on various Tag Management System (including Google Tag Manger) to implement media measurement technologies
- Build relationships with third-party media, measurement and analytics companies
- Work with technical vendor technology personnel to co-deliver architecture projects, and proactively suggest and test product improvements
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast & fruit
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- selection of other industry standard benefits
What we are looking for in you
- It is anticipated the appropriate candidate will have 18 months to 2 years digital marketing, advertising and/or analytics experience – ideally in an Ad Operations role or similar
- Strong knowledge of the Google Marketing Platform stack, especially Campaign Manager
- Experience with working directly with clients and/or internal stakeholders, including leading meetings and presentations
You will also likely align with the following:
- Able to quickly absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to both technical and non-technical clients alike
- Has a passion for learning about and using complex technology. You’ll have a natural desire to learn everything possible about a given system, and will question not just what something is, but why it works in the way it does
- Takes a logical approach to work and loves to solve problems and troubleshoot
- Naturally adopts a considered and detail oriented approach to projects; you will be the sort of people who thinks through all important aspects of something before making a clear, confident and assured decision
- Is enthusiastic and confident and can interact well with people of all levels personally and professionally. You will enjoy interacting with colleagues and clients
- Has a passion for passing on knowledge and teaching other people
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time. Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.