Senior Associate II - Audience Analytics
- 7001 Columbia Gateway Drive, Columbia, MARYLAND
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
LOCATION: Prefer Columbia, MD
In this Marketing Intelligence role, the Senior Associate II will be challenged with owning the analytics relationship with national non-profit organizations. This person will use their broad technical and data analysis skills, business and industry knowledge, and an understanding of business processes to identify client needs for quantitative analysis and translate these needs to their US and/or global team members. They are responsible for project management with team members, including the delivery of accurate and on-time reports and analyses, while managing client expectations. They should serve as a resource within their area of expertise, and provide guidance to more junior team members, both technically and with a business focus. They may also provide informal guidance / mentoring to others at or below their level.
With support from an Analytics Director, they will own the analytics solution development and execution for clients, including packaging of business insights and recommendations. They will need to develop presentations and explain analytic results, including translating those insights into actionable recommendations and strategies. They will need to develop a comprehensive measurement framework for the client and deliver the associated reports and analyses to track against business performance and evaluate campaigns. Must be able to recommend and design marketing tests on the front end and to successfully measure backend performance. The Sr Associate II must be able to work cross-functionally throughout the organization to implement client solution recommendations, including interacting with client team members in database, strategy, and account management.
To succeed in this role, the Sr Associate II is expected to demonstrate strategic thinking, logical reasoning, strong communication, outstanding analytic skills, and the ability to resolve complex issues.
- Work with technical resources to execute a wide variety of analytics projects including customer profiling, lifecycle analysis, campaign test design and analysis, dashboard reporting, and predictive modeling.
- Develop analytic roadmaps for the next 6-12 months and lead quarterly business review sessions to look back at performance and learnings form the prior periods.
- Analyze marketing metrics to identify cause-effect relationships between marketing levers and outcomes
- Oversee development of predictive models to enhance retention strategies
- Turn complex data into practical and actionable marketing insights
- Present insightful results to clients to drive meaningful change in their business.
- Create test designs to support one-time and longitudinal test plans and optimize campaign decisioning
- Support development of efficient and accurate project management plans for project delivery ·
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
- Experience with multiple analytics tools required (SAS, SQL, Python, R, etc.). Role will not require frequent code creation, but familiarity with coding language is required.
- Understanding of relational databases and transactional data required
- Hands-on experience with BI tools (Tableau, Adobe analytics, Google analytics) preferred
- Understanding and practical experience with statistical concepts and applying statistical techniques such as regression, ANOVA, cluster analysis, factor analysis, time series forecasting, and experimental design
- Ability to discover hidden insights or complex patterns through advanced multi-variate data mining techniques on un-structured business problems
- Strong written and communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) or equivalent in statistics, math, economics or related scientific/quantitative field required; Advanced degree (M.A., M.S., Ph.D.) preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in quantitative marketing arena
- Analytics experience in direct mail agency environment strongly preferred
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.