Senior Network Engineer
- Colston Tower, Colston Street, Bristol, United Kingdom
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
The Network Engineer role within Merkle will deliver enterprise class capabilities and provide end user and datacenter support for the Merkle network. The candidate will have knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, and other network technologies. They will be responsible for supporting the end user base at Merkle with direct support from the Senior Engineering staff and provide on call support in an on-call rotation.
Life as a Network Engineer at Merkle
As a Network Engineer, no two days will be the same. You will be working with a variety of teams to deliver support to both internal and external facing solutions across both the EMEA region and the global Merkle entity. Some of the key responsibilities and measures of success are below:
- Lead the design and implementation of global, cost effective, enterprise-class systems following ITIL/ITSM processes/practices, while maintaining compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Support internal and external customer requests and respond to network related incidents.
- Participate in the development of technology roadmaps that align with overall IT strategy and vision.
- Maintain and validate quality service by establishing and enforcing Managed Hosting standards, metrics and best practices.
- Be accountable for following documented processes, ensuring the network uptime SLA’s are met or exceeded on the Merkle network.
- Anticipate risks and constraints and proactively develop solutions to address the risk/constraints, escalating as appropriate.
- Provide support for all aspects of functional area, serving as an escalation point for Tier 1 support. This includes on-call and after-hours support, participation in the incident triage, and following a sound troubleshooting process.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and share knowledge with team members.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
Deep Knowledge of:
- A wide spectrum of technologies which include but are not limited to: Switching and routing protocols, internet and MPLS circuits, DNS, firewalls, load balancing, wireless access, SIP, and Cisco UCS
- Infrastructure components from key vendors including HP, Cisco, VMware, F5, Aruba, Juniper, and Meraki
- Enterprise productization processes, including developing product guides, asset management, data protection, capacity management, performance management, and lifecycle management
- Enterprise System Management tools
- Scripting languages, such as Perl, Bash, Linux Shell, PowerShell/VBScript. are a plus
Demonstrate the ability to:
- Meet project deadlines and manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects while adhering to a time allocation model
- Assess the scope and impact of incidents and respond, with a sense of urgency that matches the incident, following appropriate policies and procedures
- Multi-task, prioritize, manage workload and adapt to changing business conditions
- Tolerate stressful situations and remain focused under pressure
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.