Media Planner Buyer Manager
- St Katharine's Way, London, UK
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with eight additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing 150+ employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds; locally we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network - meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking.
As a Planner Buyer Account Manager you will possess an in-depth understanding of your clients’ media, overall business and marketing objectives, challenging the clients to think in innovative ways at a business level. With the support from an Account Executive this role will report directly into an Account Director leading on client relationships autonomously, managing up to Account Director for senior client discussion/planning.
This role will enable you to build upon your knowledge of the media space (including digital, biddable and traditional media) and available media research. Acting as an expert in syndicated or cloud media tools (ad serving, research, reporting) and general procedures (both media and inter department). Supported by Merkle, DWA continues to grow within the B2B sector recently winning some of the world’s largest technology giants
Life as a Media Planner Buyer at DWA, a Merkle company
- Oversee and manage day to day responsibilities on campaigns, including oversight and development of strategic recommendations. Demonstrating client account ownership and identifying growth opportunities.
- You will be responsible for reporting and presenting on your designated client/s, developing insights from data analysis to make data driven media recommendations.
- Acting as the lead in the creation of wrap-up reports and insights.
- Staying up to date with emerging trends you will position yourself as a planning and buying expert building partnerships both internally and externally with key clients and vendors.
- Deploying best practice into campaigns whilst understanding the concepts of reach & frequency management, ROI and strategic customer planning.
- Offering support and mentorship to junior members of the team at exec level.
- Responsibility of some finance and profitability tasks including SOW documents, checking media plans & proposals, overseeing fees and assisting with RFPs.
- Work with the Account Director on wider initiatives and campaign development.
- Direct experience within a Media Planner / Buyer role.
- Very strong account management skills with the ability to lead client conversations and presentations.
- Understand and demonstrate commercial acumen with client scoping, staffing and profitability.
- Strong analytic skills, ability to relate results to client business objectives and make them understandable to clients.
- Capable of serving as a DWA ambassador and demonstrating grace in challenging internal/external scenarios
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company Pension, Private Medical and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.