Graduate Account Executive (Client Services)
- St Katharine's Way, London, UK
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with eight additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing 150+ employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing’ and are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; Merkle’s growing at a tremendous pace – and have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
We’re looking for an Account Executive to work in our Media Team. This is an exciting role for someone who wants to get stuck in with a little bit of everything, from client meetings to planning and buying media. We’d love to hear from someone who is interested in developing their career in media and advertising. You will work closely with Account Managers and Account Directors to produce and maintain media plans, whilst building on their existing media knowledge.
Life as an Account Executive at DWA
- Account Management
- Coordinate weekly updates on all accounts to be shared via email with the company
- Work closely with media team colleagues to review action item deliverables on a daily basis
- Maintain account files and documentation on server
- Update client status reports
- Gather market and media research, and compile competitive spend reports
- Work closely with media and account teams to develop and maintain media plans
- Maintain and review updates on the campaign tracker
- Booking campaigns with publishers and in salesforce.
- Collate publisher proposals and make recommendations
- Gather Ad specs to be shared with client/creative agencies
- Manage due dates of tracking reports
- Work with media team colleagues to track online programs – pacing, performance, etc.
- Prepare and maintain reconciliation reports, including running reports from adservers to update booking system with current month end activity
- Manage lead deliver from media partners in converter (the platform we use) and organize and prepare summaries as needed
- Dashboard building
What we are looking for in you
The ideal candidate will have a passion for this industry and the willingness to help on a range of different projects and tasks, from briefing publishers to joining client calls and compiling reports. Experience is beneficial but in no way essential. We have on-the job training to get everyone up to scratch.
We would want to see:
- Passion for the advertising industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with solid mathematical understanding
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to adapt to/learn new technologies
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Creative and willing to contribute to brainstorming/strategy sessions
- Positive, professional, enthusiastic, and team-oriented attitude
- Strong education
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too.
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Company Pension, Private Medical and other corporate benefits
· Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
· Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
· Free Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
· Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
· A selection of other industry standard benefits.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.