Senior SEO Manager
- Tanner St, London SE1, UK
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Our UK SEO team was founded in the Summer of 2017 and after extensive growth we stand at as a team of 13 with even more ambitious growth plans. As a Senior Manager, you will have the opportunity to work with the wider SEO team including the Associate Director, helping lead the SEO vision for 2019. Acting as a subject matter expert and thought leader within the SEO community we will support your career development in both leadership and technical SEO. The focus of this role will be to provide strategic direction on named clients as well as assist in the personal development of the wider SEO team.
Life as a SEO Manager at Merkle:
- Working closely with the Associate SEO Director and the wider SEO team to establish best practice and develop new goals to push the department forward.
- Acting as the main point of contact for key clients, planning and implementing campaigns whilst also providing regular updates on timeline, deliverables, performance reporting, competitive intelligence analysis.
- Manage and execute online marketing strategies including Technical SEO and content development.
- Extract insight from client data, identify relevant trends and provide well-developed proactive recommendations to enhance and exceed overall client search marketing goals and objectives.
- Identifying ample opportunities for existing and prospective clients whilst representing Merkle on pitches and maintaining a consultative approach to external stakeholders.
- Actively attend industry events and knowledge sharing sessions. This will include contributing externally as a thought leader positioning Merkle as an industry leader in SEO.
- Support the career development of the wider SEO team including training, conducting regular 1:1’s and performance reviews as well as supporting the interviewing of new hires
- Experience within an SEO focused role ideally within an Agency environment
- Ideally you would have previous experience within managing or mentoring more junior members of the team.
- Passion about the world of SEO with a keen interest in becoming an industry leading expert.
- Advanced problem-solving skills for websites and technical SEO implementation experience including: on-page SEO factors and site architecture improvements, along with knowledge of content management systems.
- Experience with HTML editing, FTP, and CMS programs
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (aka. Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.