Digital Media Operations Specialist
- 6300 Shingle Creek Parkway, Suite 400, Minneapolis, MINNESOTA
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Target Media Network
The TMN Media team creates digital media plans and proposals for clients, drives operational efficiencies, increases campaign performance and yield across a network of display, exchange, mobile, social, email, and search solutions. Additionally the team delivers campaign results and actionable insights to clients. This position requires a detail oriented, analytical focus with extensive knowledge of digital advertising, using ad technology and a proven track record in operational excellence.
This role will focus on campaign set-up and analysis, including: execution, testing, delivery, QA and reporting. You will partner with account management to ensure proper creative execution and alignment to media & business strategy and objectives. You will work closely with peers in Target India to traffic and QA all onsite and external media.
- Lead activation and analytics of digital media campaigns, including managing traffic, optimization, and reporting site and third party-served campaigns.
- Tag, QA and troubleshoot digital media plans through third paty ad server, and proprietary products; manage tagging issue escalation process as well as site partner and ad server requirements
- Provide holistic optimization strategies and reporting based on unique campagin objectives
- Manage audience performance through optimziation strategy
- Manage and validate measurement tracking implemention, campaign traffciking, and finance/billing
- Manipulate raw data sets into information fit for analysis
- Monitor key data to recognize patterns, analyze trends and develop a consistent mechanism to communicate this information
- Own new media and reporting plans before trafficking, ensure plans and execution will provide end of campaign reporting accurately, efficiently, and effectively
- Understanding of reporting tools to support new, scalable metrics to drive deeper insights and improved vendor relationships
- Partner with product owners to support new product rollouts with process creation & documentation, as well as operational components to ensure all products are well documented, efficient to execute and report on
- Partner with TMN Account Management on the following:
- Understand and adhere to various media and creative specs across channels
- Update impressions and budgets post-client commitment
- Observe and evaluate trends of media campaigns and provide optimization recommendations accordingly
- Identify and translate patterns in campaign performance into actionable recommendations for planning and education internaly and with clients
- Provide reporting for campaigns; considerate of past/similar campaign performance and category benchmarks
- Strong analytical skills and ability to judge and quanitfy results of advertising
- In-depth understanding of the digital marketplace and advanced targeting tatics, data management platforms and tag management solutions
- Helps drive operations strategies and objectives
- Experience with ad servers (DFP, DCM, Sizmek, etc.)
- Methodical, well-organized, and detail-oriented
- Genuine curiosity with how things work; motivated, self-starter
- Strong communcation skills
- Expert in Microsoft Excel
- 1-2 years' of experience in digital media ad operations, digital media planning or other related role
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.