CRM Data Strategy Consultant
- Tanner St, London SE1 3GN, UK
In 2015, Periscopix were thrilled to join the Merkle organisation as part of their drive to become a worldwide leader in tailored data-driven digital marketing. Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing', and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK. Having grown at a tremendous pace, our workforce is now split between two open-planned, modern London offices (London Bridge and St. Katharine Docks). It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Our Digital Analytics team is ever-expanding and one of the most established in the UK. We partner closely with Google, Adobe and Optimizely across different products, including web analytics, data management platforms (DMPs) and website testing & personalisation.
Your role will be focussed on the innovative and effective use of data to drive marketing performance, and play a key role in the use of Merkle’s proprietary tech, the M1 platform. We are looking for the candidate to have a history in demonstrating innovative work using data from a multitude of places including CRM, online, offline and mobile. Our ideal candidate should be comfortable with the common adtech and martech platforms available and understand how they are “stacked” together to deliver optimum performance. They will be conversant in broader marketing strategy, use of onboarders and data management platforms (DMPs) as well as all forms of addressable marketing.
Life as a Digital Strategy Consultant at Merkle
- Support the M1 platform, feeding into product development and client engagement via internal and external promotion
- Subject matter expert on data-led activation in media
- Play a key role in pitches where data is core to the sales proposition
- Experience in driving audience based advertising strategies
- Present data strategy to clients, develop client’s maturity in the use of data within media
- Interrogation of data available to clients and understanding how these sources integrate one another and could potentially be integrated into the future
- Engage with data providers, look for opportunities to creatively engage in second-party data swaps and other data partnerships – both for clients and Merkle
- Support deployment of tests to understand impact of incorporating data into media
- Speaking and presenting opportunities at external events / within external publications
- Experience in driving media performance improvements in major brands
- Expert within digital media, marketing and advertising technology
- Expert in the use of data, analytics and CRM to drive performance
- Proven ability in developing data-led strategies that have impacted businesses
- Self-starter, demonstrable experience of innovative thinking
- A strategic individual, capable of building commercial and client relationships
- Ability to understand and identify key stakeholders internally and work collaboratively to foster a fantastic working relationship
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (aka. Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.