- International House, 1 St Katharine's Way, St Katharine's & Wapping, London E1W 1YL, UK
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing', and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK and across EMEA. Having grown at a tremendous pace, our workforce is now split between two open-planned, modern London offices (London Bridge and St. Katharine Docks). It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
The marketing coordinator role is critical to the smooth running of the centralised EMEA marketing department and ensures that everything runs to time and on schedule.
As the marketing coordinator, you will be working with Merkle’s central marketing team based across two offices in London. This is a varied and important role working across all marketing activity. You will be responsible for key elements of the strategy, including executing our awards process and maintaining our digital presence via social media, the website, and the intranet.
You will also work with the team on events and major projects, as well as support the VP of Marketing with meetings and travel bookings and looking after the department’s admin.
Life as a Marketing Coordinator
This is a varied and busy role, spaning all aspects of the marketing calendar.
· Assist the marketing team to deliver events in London and EMEA including:
· Organisation and coordination
Manage the Awards process across the agency to encourage entries that are of a high quality and in support of our people-based marketing offering:
· Manage a process with strict internal deadlines.
· Provide documents up front to help client teams write draft entries.
· Review and feedback on entries, enlisting the help of the wider marketing team as needed.
· Submit award entries and record costs.
· Record and report on our performance.
· Video coordination with the creative department and external production company.
· Writing briefing forms and setting deadlines for the creative department on creative assets as and when required by the VP.
· Working with finance to ensure all invoices are checked, approved and paid on time.
· Keeping a record of payments on a monthly basis so that the team can track the budget.
· Assist the VP with booking meetings as needed.
· Assist staff with queries about assets and any marketing collateral.
· Work with the sales admins to ensure Powerpoint decks and collateral are up to date and on brand.
· Update the website with regular content in the form of case studies, blogs and whitepapers – sending blogs to the PR agency for consideration.
· Ensure the agency intranet is kept up to date with all marketing content so that the entire EMEA business can access it.
· Collate and coordinate our newsletters, internal and external, collaborating with our campaign management team.
This role provides an introduction into all aspects of Marketing ensuring a diversity in day-to-day work, and guaranteeing the development of a varied skillset. There are plenty of opportunities to move to other roles within the agency in the future.
· This role suits a collaborator and someone who can think for themselves, be creative, proactive, come up with ideas for how to improve the team’s performance, whilst also understanding the importance of process.
· It is part project management, part admin and part support contributing to the team’’s overall marketing strategy.
· Strong overall communication skills are desired
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (aka. Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
Career progression is huge to us here at Merkle and we’re keen to nurture and develop each individual so they build a long-lasting career with us.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.