App Support Engineer
- Avinguda Diagonal, Barcelona, Spain
We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. In addition to being recognised for our ‘people-based marketing’, we are proud of our growing and dedicated teams of software engineers working on dynamic projects and delivering quality work to our clients.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering. One such offering includes a rapidly expanding department dedicated to software development, Agile practices and engineering innovations, ensuring that Merkle provides its clients with a variety of services.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
- Develop, design and maintain ETL processes combining T-SQL programming with ETL tools like Spectrum.
- Implement and maintain automations using scripting languages such as Python, Powershell and Bash.
- Combine your Windows experience with next-generation-technology like AWS, Athena, or Redshift. You will learn various skills on the job to solve complex data and networking challenges.
- Working with the team to identify, propose, acquire feedback, and implement solutions using the most appropriate technologies and best practices.
- Provide database and applications support for marketing applications.
- Configure, install, administrate, patch and deploy any application of the stack.
- Process development and document.
- Excellent and proven experience in T-SQL scripting working with SQL Server databases, being able to create complex queries as well as other routines such as Stored Procedures, or create and schedule automated tasks using jobs.
- Good and proven experience in Scripting (Bash, Python, PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience with Data structures using relational databases MySQL, Netezza, Teradata, Amazon Redshift, Oracle, and/or DB2.
- Experience with Windows administration (user creation, add users to active directory, evaluate and fix memory issues, etc.)
- Experience with Database administration (user creation, backups, etc.)
- Very good level of English.
- Ability to interact with both technical and non-technical people.
- Ability and desire to continuously learn and use complex new technologies.
- Desire to support, teach, and learn from co-workers and clients.
- Available for occasional travel to client locations.
- Spanish citizen or holder of a valid EU work permit
- Campaign management, CRM, and/or decisioning applications (Unica, Silverpop, SAS, Adobe, Pega, Chordiant, Alterian, etc.)
- Object Oriented Programming (Java, C#, etc.)
- Business Intelligence tools (Tableau, Power-Bi, etc.)
- Unix-based systems administration.
Salary and benefits
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Spanish/English Lessons
- Career development though Merkle University
- Free life insurance and free health insurance
- Young, creative, and dynamic team
- Opportunity for personal growth and professional development
- Great friendly and international environment
- A company in constant evolution and with growth plans
- A strong after-work culture
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and cookies
- Restaurant and transport tickets