Media Services - Senior Analyst
- 680 Andersen Dr, Pittsburgh, PA 15220, USA
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
*Position not eligible for sponsorship
The Senior Analyst, Digital Media will use in-depth knowledge in quantitative digital marketing and an understanding of business processes to develop technical solutions for business issues. This person will analyze data through a business, industry, and marketing lens to solve client problems.
- Conduct data analysis and mining, external data enhancement
- Conduct custom analyses by combining datasets and client business knowledge to develop audiences for media targeting
- Assist in determining quantitative methods for solving client issues
- Help to deliver practical and actionable recommendations based data analysis
- Anticipate project risk and constraints and proactively work on solutions to address the risk/constraints
- Develop effective reporting and dashboards with an objective to evaluate marketing performance and provide recommendations for enhancement in Excel and Tableau
- Under guidance, responsible to understand client business problems, solution approach, and execute basic analysis and research projects, package and assist in presenting insights to stake holders
- Ability to explain/present complicated/advanced analytical methodology and results to non-technical audiences
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in business management, math, economics or related experience in applied disciplines OR advanced degree (M.A., M.S.) directly out of school
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in quantitative/analytic arena, preferably around digital marketing or digital agencies
- Understanding of digital data is preferred, including the systems and processes used to generate and manipulate it by media type: web, ad, email, mobile, etc.
- Experience with MS Office core suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required; One Note are also a plus
- Demonstrated, hands-on experience with analytics tools (SAS or R) preferred
- Experience with data query languages (SQL, Python) required
- Working knowledge of database systems (relational/RDBMS, "Big data"/Hadoop) required
- Ability to discover hidden insights or complex patterns through advanced multi-variate data mining techniques on un-structured business problems
- Ability to execute advanced analytic tasks (including but not limited to modeling, segmentation, DOE, forecasting, etc.) and create meaningful analytical outputs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywherell your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.