Digital Messaging - Responsys Specialist - Lead Analyst
- 1050 17th Street, Suite 2100, Denver, CO
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
LOCATION: Denver, Chicago, or NY/NJ would be preferred, but candidates near other Merkle offices and remote candidates will be considered as well.
The Responsys Specialist will serve as a production lead of multi-brand solution and will bring platform and execution expertise to a complex campaign solution.
The ideal candidate would demonstrate a balance of platform knowledge, email best practices, and data segmentation. Success in this position requires a strong self-starter who wants to dig in to a platform to build, check, and strive for great results.
- Work on a small team of campaign analysts, coordinating tasks and activities associated with campaign development and execution
- Interface directly with client teams as needed, address and manage client requests and communicate status, in person and via phone and email
- Own campaign execution in compliance with contractual Service Level Agreements
- Develop and execute multi-step campaign tasks with the database team and communicate status
- Capable of completing all campaign activities independently
- Track and monitor campaign results, resolve issues and report status to the Account Management team
- Obtain client signoff on campaign specification
- Error free; On-time; Adherence to standard processes and best practice, yet flexible and adaptive; Responsive to team and client needs; Production of work in a timely fashion; Completion of work with attention to details; Utilization of auditing processes and techniques
- Leverage all aspects of Responsys to drive best results for effective campaign builds to meet requirements
- Identify process inefficiencies and ways to improve operations workflow
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or work experience that demonstrates comparable abilities.
- 5 years experience in technology or marketing.
- 2-3 years experience in a technical role executing complex email campaigns in Oracle Responsys.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively within an internal team of campaign resources to achieve desired result.
- Ability to take independent initiative as well as lead, motivate, and work with teams to produce results.
Solid understanding of:
- Email best practices including complex builds, QA, and compliance
- Campaign Management as part of a production team
- Relational database concepts, with exposure to SQL
- Data management, segmentation, and ETL best practices
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.