Digital Experience Business Analyst
- Tanner St, London SE1 3GN, UK
In 2015, Periscopix were thrilled to join the Merkle organisation as part of their drive to become a worldwide leader in tailored data-driven digital marketing. Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing', and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK. Having grown at a tremendous pace, our workforce is now split between two open-planned, modern London offices (London Bridge and St. Katharine Docks). It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
You will join a growing team who are all passionate about how we can make a real impact through inspiring our clients to enhance their Digital Experience offering.
As a Digital Experience Analyst, you will have the ability to quickly understand our client’s business ambitions and translate their needs into requirements; turning these into programmes of work that deliver results and prove a ROI. With business analysis capabilities, you will work closely with the Digital Experience Team to help inspire, challenge and disrupt our client’s needs with innovative Digital Experience solutions which will help transform their businesses. The focus of this role will be to provide strategic direction on named clients and help articulate a compelling Digital Experience and customer story.
This is an exciting opportunity to be actively involved in the growth of a new service provision within the agency.
Life as a Digital Experience Consultant at Merkle
- Help brands imagine, design, build and optimise personal digital customer experiences.
- Deliver projects and connected experiences on Digital Experience and CMS Platforms, such as Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Sitecore or similar. With a focus on not only new experience builds, but also enabling clients to drive the optimisation, personalisation and overall performance and ROI of their digital experiences.
- Consult with clients to understand their business objectives and help prioritise the requirements, building exceptional relationships with key decision makers. Act as a Business proxy.
- Work with cross functional and geo-located teams to deliver projects
- Untangle complex problems in imaginative and creative way, with the ability to articulate complex ideas and transform this into simplicity for different audiences.
- Propose options and recommendations to the client that will demonstrate that you understand and can articulate what they need and form this into a package of work.
- Translate project proposals and briefs into programmes of activity and lead in the development and execution of the plan.
- Create/maintain relevant documentation. This may include, project briefs, requirements specification; process models (as-is/to-be); user stories etc.
- Attend and support pitches for projects with our Client Partners.
- Liaise with clients effectively to keep them informed, share insights and keep driving projects forward.
- Stay abreast of the latest Digital Experience trends to help drive thought leadership within the business, and positioning the team as experts in Digital Experience.
- Proven experience of working with and delivering projects on Digital Experience Platforms, such as AEM or Sitecore. Ideally with experience of implementing personalisation and optimisation strategies.
- Have cross-functional experience working with and across other disciplines (for example UX, Design, Tech/Architecture, QA and Delivery), preferably across a variety of different clients/industries.
- Strategic & analytical thinker that is a problem solver with data collection and analysis skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks/projects and conflicting demands effectively and execute them in a high-pressure environment in which working on one’s own initiative is essential.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal and are able to present confidently to large and small audiences (both internal and external).
- Track record in achieving client business KPI’s directly resulting from marketing activation and proving an ROI.
You may also have:
- Knowledge of tools, eg: JIRA, Confluence, Axure, Sketch.
- Formal certification in Business Analysis (BCS/IIBA)
- Experience in customer journey mapping, working with personas/customer segments, wireframes etc.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (aka. Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.