Analyst, Performance Analytics
- 3900 W Alemeda Ave, 12th Floor, Burbank, CA
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Performance Analytics all starts with the data. In order to create an effective and integrated advertising strategy, you have to understand your customers, their behaviors and values. Then, by taking a look at different advertising tactics already in place, you can identify opportunities to create a more effective and cohesive strategy. Analysts, Performance Analytics at Merkle support the SEM, SEO, Media Services and Paid Social teams by providing campaign analytics that drive further insights and optimization. They are part of a multifaceted digital analytics team who work closely with other analysts and client relationship managers in the company. You will encounter different analytic problems and be challenged to provide unique and effective solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide data management, budgeting, bidding, pattern/trend exploration and explanation, ad copy/creative testing and analysis, landing page analysis, and forecasting
- Using the coding of models in SQL and SAS/R to provide analytics
- Manage the day to day core insights/trends of our digital marketing programs to help guide the optimization efforts
- Play a supporting role to a Senior/Lead Digital Analyst by customizing the optimization models on a client by client basis.
- Engage directly with the client to understand marketing objectives to alter program execution
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or Engineering required
- 1-2 years of industry experience in a related (quantitative) capability is ideal but not required. Recent graduates, particularly those with digital marketing-related internships, are welcome to apply
- Working experience with SQL, SAS, digital or web analytics (Omniture, WebTrends, Google Analytics, AdWords, AdCenter, DoubleClick, MediaMath, Exact Target, etc.) preferred
- Familiarity with least one digital marketing channel (Paid Search or SEM, Organic Search or SEO, Paid Social, Earned Social, Display, Email)
- Ability to explain and present complicated/advanced analytical methodology and results to non-technical audiences
- Well-versed in the core MS Office suite programs and an intermediate to advanced user of Excel including the ability to use formulas, functions, and pivot tables
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone; write clear emails and memos; be friendly, cheerful, and patient; and enjoy explaining complicated concepts to others
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize responsibilities and work efficiently in a fast-paced environmentKeen problem-solving and trouble-shooting abilities; high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Occasional travel required (5%) typically for client QBRs
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.