SEM - Analyst
- 1745 Broadway, 23rd Floor, New York, NY
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Search Marketing Analyst supports the development and execution of strategic and tactical initiatives designed to successfully achieve our client's Paid Search program goals. This role is diverse and requires keen ability to manage within multiple workstreams at once, effectively communicate, and an ability to continuously self-educate in this dynamic digital marketing space. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work directly on one of our top Fortune 500 client's dynamic Paid Search program and to begin an exciting career at an agency that is shaping the performance marketing industry through its thought-leadership and innovation. This entry-level role requires an understanding of general marketing principles as well as business acumen to support understanding of our clients and the digital marketing space.
- Perform keyword research, write ad copy, optimize and manipulate product feeds, develop search traffic estimates, segment keywords into campaign structures and align them based on business goals, and utilize creative marketing skills to contribute to the idea generation for new market tests
- General Business tasks will include, but not be limited to: research (industry, client, competitive, etc.); presentation creation; campaign analysis; client communication (written and verbal); time/task management; attend client meetings; project management; prioritization of activities to meet deadlines
- Perform frequent data manipulation and interpretation exercises, with Excel and proprietary tools
- Self-manage execution of activities against deadlines across multiple work-streams
- Complete activities according to best practices, standard operations procedures, and team member guidance, consistently meeting quality standards, utilizing ethical approach and striving to add value in each activity
- Active monitoring and sharing of industry news, on-line marketing trends, industry tools, and internal cross-team key learnings
- Day to day engagement, collaboration, and partnering with internal teams, search engine partners, and client teams will be required
- Bachelor degree in a quantitative, marketing, or related discipline preferred with strong grades both in their major and overall
- Must have a strong grasp of numbers and be comfortable with quantitative analysis and simple statistics
- Well-versed in the core MS Office suite programs and an intermediate to advanced user of Excel including the ability to use formulas, functions, and pivot tables
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone; write clear emails and memos; be friendly, cheerful, and patient; and enjoy explaining complicated concepts to others
- Highly self-motivated and comfortable working autonomously
- Hard-working and eager to learn
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize responsibilities and work efficiently in a fast-pace environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Keen problem-solving and trouble-shooting abilities
- Occasional travel required (5%)
- Enthusiasm for the future of brand advertising on the web and building that future with us!
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.