Ad Operations - Specialist
- 1745 Broadway, 23rd Floor, New York, NY
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 25 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. When combined with its strength in performance creative and media, Merkle creates customer experiences that drive improved marketing results and shareholder value. With more than 4,100 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland with 16 additional offices in the US and 8 offices in Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We are looking for an analytically minded people for Merkle’s Media Platforms & Operations team, who are responsible for the implementation and activation of ads for display, programmatic, video, and paid social advertising. You will have the opportunity to be a part of an innovative, fast growing team focused on revolutionizing digital media planning and buying, in the context of a multi-channel data driven approach.
The Specialist, Media Platforms & Operations is responsible for the preparation, implementation, and management of digital media campaigns including project timelines, gathering of assets, traffic instructions and creation of ad serving tags.
This position is essential in the day-to-day running of the Media Platforms & Operations department and designated accounts. This position requires an individual that works well in a team-based, fast paced, detail-oriented environment. The Senior Specialist, Media Platforms & Operations is expected to be resourceful and demonstrate the initiative to participate in advanced projects.
- Implement, QA, and troubleshoot ad campaigns using leading third party and Merkle platforms
- Act as in-house platform expert and escalation point on product and technology issues
- Work closely with media vendors and media teams to resolve reporting and/or billing discrepancies
- Work closely with internal departments and external partners to ensure that appropriate materials are received and/or distributed correctly
- Assist in the development of new internal products and in the vetting and onboarding of new third party ad platforms
- 0-1 year's of ad ops experience
- B.A/B.S. degree required; Marketing or Business is preferred
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, Third Party Ad Servers (DoubleClick DCM) and rich media technology (eg. PointRoll, FlashTalking, Celtra)
- Experience with an ad servers required (DoubleClick DCM and/or DFP, Flashtalking, etc.)
- Experience with demand side platforms a plus (Adaptly, MediaMath, DBM etc.)
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities
- Self-motivated, but also can work well in a team
- Ability to proactively organize daily tasks and make your own to do list
- Keen problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Enthusiasm for the future of brand advertising on the web and building that future with us
- Willingness to travel 5%
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description. Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor, might be part of the job.