Systems Support Specialist
- 287 Durham Street North, Christchurch Central, Christchurch 8013, New Zealand
At Meridian, sustainability is in our DNA.
We generate electricity from 100% renewable sources – wind, water and sun. That’s really important to us, because we believe it’s the only way forward for the future of our planet.
We also retail electricity to homes, farms and businesses across the country. We’re committed to being good for the environment, and good to people. We’re proud Principal Partners of KidsCan, helping give Kiwi kids a decent start in life. And we support the DOC Kākāpō Recovery Programme, which aims to get this taonga species off the endangered list and back to their former natural range.
Our purpose – our why – is ‘clean energy for a fairer and healthier world’. It’s at the heart of our business, how we operate, and how we treat each other.
Maintain and support Meridians core financial systems Nav and Cognos while also providing support across other key financial systems within the business, including, Payroll, Treasury, accounts receivable and payables along with our retail platform. This role is part time with the hours dependent on the level of experience.
Along with the above, this role has responsibilities including:
- Undertaking system maintenance and hygiene
- Supporting business improvement and changes where they impact on financial systems
- Liaising with system vendors to manage system upgrades as well as understanding and communicating new system features
- Develop and administer training programmes to support system users
- Managing user access
- Experience administrating, maintaining and supporting financial systems with a good understanding of financial processes
- Experience in supporting both system implementation and or/upgrade projects
- Strong understanding of internal controls as they apply to financial systems
- Proactive approach to work with good interpersonal skills
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting/Finance (preferred but not required)
We have an epic culture where hard work and having a good time are equally valued. We live by three ‘How to Be’s’: be gutsy, be a good human, and be in the waka.
Meridian is truly flexible, diverse and inclusive: in our workplace, you can feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. Our flexible work options make things easier for you and your whānau. And we also offer an attractive salary package and benefits like life and income protection insurance, enhanced leave, KiwiSaver and parental leave provisions, discounts from Meridian and other organisations, and a Meridian employee share scheme.
All in all, we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. If you think you’re an awesome fit not only for this role but for Meridian, apply today and tell us why!
If you have any questions please email [email protected] and someone will get back to you.
Advertising closes on Wednesday 9th December (please note this is subject to change)