- 293 Durham Street North, Christchurch Central, Christchurch 8013, New Zealand
At Meridian, sustainability is in our DNA.
We generate electricity from 100% renewable sources – wind, water and sun. That’s really important to us, because we believe it’s the only way forward for the future of our planet.
We also retail electricity to homes, farms and businesses across the country. We’re committed to being good for the environment, and good to people. We’re proud Principal Partners of KidsCan, helping give Kiwi kids a decent start in life. And we support the DOC Kākāpō Recovery Programme, which aims to get this taonga species off the endangered list and back to their former natural range.
Our purpose – our why – is ‘clean energy for a fairer and healthier world’. It’s at the heart of our business, how we operate, and how we treat each other.
In this role you’ll provide project administration support to the Generation and Natural Resources Project Delivery Team, based in Christchurch, you’ll be supporting major projects on our hydro assets. Your key focus will be to help successfully deliver in all areas including procurement, scheduling, systems administration, training and reporting. To achieve this, you’ll be working in Microsoft Office, MS Project, Visio, SharePoint and Aconex software.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Procurement support including tender compilation, distribution and evaluation, contract drafting and process reviews
- Compile project reports across the major project portfolio ensuring consistency and transparency throughout
- Provide administrator level support for Aconex contract management system, including set-up of projects and users and support for both Meridian users and external contractors
- Assist with the creation, issuing and approvals of project documentation
- Assist with training and support for all users in various systems and maintain the project ‘Lessons Learned’ database along with other various administration tasks
- Previous experience in a project administration or coordination role
- Ideally a diploma level qualification in business administration or related disciplines
- Self-directed, resilient and with the ability to work independently
- Well-developed analytical skills (numeric and financial)
- Proven, well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
We have an epic culture where hard work and having a good time are equally valued. We live by three ‘How to Be’s’: be gutsy, be a good human, and be in the waka.
Meridian is truly flexible, diverse and inclusive: in our workplace, you can feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. Our flexible work options make things easier for you and your whānau. And we also offer an attractive salary package and benefits like life and income protection insurance, enhanced leave, KiwiSaver and parental leave provisions, discounts from Meridian and other organisations, and a Meridian employee share scheme.
All in all, we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. If you think you’re an awesome fit not only for this role but for Meridian, apply today and tell us why!
Advertising closes on October 18 (please note this is subject to change)