Regional Director of Property Operations - San Francisco
- 1256 Market St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
Mercy Housing is looking for people who want to create a more humane world where poverty is alleviated, communities are healthy, and all people can develop their full potential. We believe that affordable housing and supportive programs improve the economic status of residents, transform neighborhoods and stabilize lives.
We are currently looking for a Regional Director of Property Operations. The Regional Director of Property Operations ensures that properties Mercy operates in his/her assigned region(s) provide high quality property management and resident services to the people who reside in the units. S/he oversees a major segment of the Mercy Portfolio and has primary accountability for the assigned portfolio's financial performance, general management of the asset and the quality of resident services. Portfolio may be smaller than an RVP's portfolio.
*This position is based in SF covering Permanent Supportive Housing properties. Leadership/Oversight experience. HUD and Tax Credit experience preferred. Performance and deadline oriented. Multicultural and multilingual experience preferred.*
**This is a brief description summarizing the abilities needed for the position**
EDUCATION: Real Estate Broker's license or ability to obtain one. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or other appropriate discipline desired, or related experience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum five (5) years as a manager of affordable housing communities and staff including generating property and corporate budgets, implementing systems for large property operations organization, and supervision of management staff.
Experience working in a large, mission-driven organization preferred. Comprehensive knowledge of affordable housing programs and funding mechanisms including HUD, Low Income Tax Credits, Rural Housing, and Tax-Exempt Bonds. Working knowledge of applicable local and federal housing laws including Fair Housing and Landlord Tenant laws.
1. Motivate people to superior performance, while working through complex people issues in a large organization with multiple relationships.
2. History of hiring high quality staff, strong supervisory skills and the ability to develop the skills of staff within the assigned portfolio.
3. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, communicate effectively and build coalitions and partnerships, along with the ability to relate well to people from diverse backgrounds. Ability to speak and write well and advocate for affordable housing and the residents we serve.
4. Interpret and understand financial information; familiarity with the preparation of corporate and property budgets.
5. Design, implement, and evaluate operating systems for a large property management organization.
6. Possession or ability to obtain a valid driver's license at time of appointment.
7. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and financial systems (Yardi preferred).
8. Treat a variety of people with respect and compassion.
9. Represent Mercy Housing in a professional manner at all times.
10. Understand and support the mission and values of Mercy Housing.
- Full Time
- 403B Matching
- This position does require traveling to multiple property sites and various regional offices.
- Compensation: Salaried - $140,000 yr.
**This is a brief description summarizing the abilities needed for the position.**