Marketing & Communications Manager
- 3401 8th Street NE - Brookland / Catholic University Area, Washington, DC, United States
At The Menkiti Group and Keller Williams Capital Properties, we are dedicated to the mission of transforming lives, careers, and communities through real estate. If you want to make a difference in the world, we invite you to explore your career trajectory with us. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with integrated marketing communications experience to join the Menkiti Group Operations team. This role is essential to the continued growth and success of the company and business units.
The Marketing Communications Manager works directly with the Chief of Staff and Business Unit leaders and will work with outside consultants and service providers as necessary to accomplish the annual goals and objectives for the department and for development, commercial, homebuilding, and sales team business units.
The Marketing Communications Manager manages the day-to-day marketing operations and performs a variety of duties related to effectively marketing the company to our customers. The best candidate will be considered for the role based on their ability to execute efficiently and effectively as well as be an innovation leader for the organization.
The Marketing Communications Manager creates, implements, and oversees marketing initiatives that effectively portray and promote the organization and its products including management of the visual identity, brand messaging, collateral, and events. The ideal candidate will be accountable to develop print and digital marketing plans that grow brand recognition and market share. The Marketing Communications Manager will have the ability to ebb and flow with the organization, regularly adjusting the overall or individual business unit marketing plans to stay ahead of the industry curve while increasing ROI.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate an aptitude for creativity and innovation as well as have experience in using different tactics for business to business and business to consumer marketing campaigns and brand promotion. The candidate should also be capable of acting as an individual contributor in addition to collaborating with a team while being no stranger to receiving constructive criticism.
Real Estate industry experience preferred with the ability to maintain expertise and thought leadership in the industry, staying abreast of issues, trends, strategies, and execute best practice marketing plans.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Spearhead the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans for the continued growth and enhancement of the organization;
• Be able to effectively manage resources such as projects, budgets, and leadership expectations;
• Provide creative services to guide the development of compelling collateral, branding and campaign materials;
• Work proactively on problems of diverse scope, finding imaginative and practical solutions;
• Implement day-to-day execution of a strong marketing strategy for The Menkiti Group for specific, short-term and long-term projects and campaigns;
• Have formidable vendor and agency management experience in all types of media;
• Be able to optimize resources including in-house and agency support by leveraging a network of associates, colleagues, visual communications, social media, video, direct mail, and other tactics to achieve success;
• Drive campaigns through websites and social media platforms / digital tools, and effectively monitor progress and report on metrics;
• Maintain high brand standards through the design and production of both print collateral and digital marketing materials, coordinating with third-party consultants and other vendors as necessary;
• Ensure accuracy, quality, and consistency of all marketing;
• Conduct research and support activity to best inform and support the Chief of Staff, or other department management and leadership as necessary;
• Maintain awards and recognition calendar of deadlines and documentation, completing drafts of submissions for review in advance of deadlines;
• Respond to requests for information release from the media or designating a spokesperson or source of information;
• Establish and maintain relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups as necessary;
• Write press releases and other media communications to promote projects, partnerships, awards or recognition;
• Plan or direct the development of programs to maintain favorable public and partner views of the organization's agenda and accomplishments;
• Coach colleagues in effective communication with the public;
• Study the organization's objectives, promotional policies, and maintain as well as elevate public relations strategies to promote projects, ideas, and services;
• Help develop content for campaigns, event promotion, social media, video, initiatives, and programs;
• Maintain marketing platform and branded collateral for Menkiti Group business units to leverage for specific marketing initiatives, providing support as needed on specific projects, proposal writing/creation;
• Plan, manage, and document high-visibility and off-site events for client engagement, partnerships, brand awareness, and community impact;
• Oversee content on corporate websites and update the blogs regularly, following daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly SOPs and calendars;
• Manage marketing calendar of events relevant to the general real estate industry, commercial, and residential-focused networking, educational, and talent marketing opportunities;
• Support industry partnerships including joint-marketing and other key organizational relationships to mutually benefit the company.
• Minimum of 4-5 years of marketing communications and/or practical project management, small-to-mid scale organizational support experience including outreach and events;
• Proven success in developing and implementing effective strategic marketing plans in a complex organization;
• In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (including but not limited to InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop);
• High proficiency in Email Marketing and Social Media/digital marketing platforms for campaign messaging, management, and analytics; understanding and experience with database management platforms
• Visual communications competency; familiarity and competence with Adobe Acrobat Pro, Canva, and basic applications;
• Competency in WordPress website platform; WIX knowledge and proficiency a plus;
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office / O365;
• Ability to write in narrative and documentation format, and to communicate effectively;
• Strong professional presence and be a results-oriented self-starter with powerful leadership, management, and consensus building skills;
• Ability to establish and maintain powerful relationships, support a cohesive team and create synergies to achieve results;
• Must be driven and work well in an extremely fast-paced environment;
• Strong preference for real estate industry marketing and communications experience a plus; and
- Bachelor’s Degree
All applications should include the following:
· Cover Letter detailing Start Date and Salary Requirements
· Portfolio Link to work products and/or creative examples, websites, or other projects that you've completed