Junior Graphic Designer - Real Estate
- 3401 8th St NE, Washington, DC 20017, USA
MG Residential is a dynamic and rapidly-growing team that is focused on providing high quality representation to buyers and sellers as well as investment advisory services to individual and institutional investors in the greater Washington, DC area. We are affiliated with Keller Williams Capital Properties, a top residential brokerage in the area affiliated with Keller Williams, the #1 real estate franchise company in the world.
MG Residential is a business unit of The Menkiti Group, a Washington, DC-based integrated real estate services company dedicated to enhancing the fabric of life in America’s urban neighborhoods through the strategic development, management, and sale of residential and commercial property. Founded in the District of Columbia in 2004 with a mission to transform lives, careers, and communities through real estate, The Menkiti Group has invested over $180 million in DC’s emerging neighborhoods, developed or has in the pipeline over 1.6 million square feet of residential and commercial property, and has brokered the sale of over $1 billion in residential real estate. The Menkiti Group also operates Keller Williams Capital Properties, a regional brokerage with more than $2.1 billion in sales in 2017.
If you have a passion for real estate and love working with people, this could be a very rewarding position for you. The Menkiti Group is dedicated to the mission of transforming lives and communities through real estate. If you are someone who wants to make a difference in the world, we invite you to explore your career trajectory with us.
We are seeking a highly motivated Junior Graphic Designer to join MG Residential. The Junior Graphic Designer is a role that is essential to the rapid growth of a residential sales team that will achieve over $100 million in sales volume across the DC Metro area this year.
The Junior Graphic Designer creates and implements marketing initiatives that effectively portray and promote the organization, including visual identity, print and digital campaigns, and events. The candidate will produce visual solutions for the communication needs of the company, using a combination of creative skills and commercial awareness, that grow market share, sales volume, and customer loyalty. The Junior Graphic Designer will be able to create content for use in multi-channel campaigns and promote lead generation. The candidate will have the ability to ebb and flow with the organization, regularly adjusting to stay ahead of the industry curve while increasing ROI. Further, the desired candidate will possess an imaginative flair, awareness of current trends in the visual arts, working knowledge of the latest computer software, and an understanding of material costs and time limits, all of which can impact the design of projects.
Real Estate industry experience preferred with the ability to maintain expertise in the industry, staying abreast of issues, trends, competitor strategies, and execute best practice marketing plans.
The ideal candidate should:
- Demonstrate an aptitude for creativity and innovation as well as have experience in using different tactics for business to consumer marketing campaigns, brand promotion and lead generation.
- Feed off and in to a passionate sales team with a high energy level and an above and beyond mentality to get the job done;
- Be capable of acting as an individual design contributor and executor while being no stranger to giving and receiving constructive criticism;
- Design, layout, and be responsible for the overall appearance and production of any and all sales team materials;
- Be able to consistently plan, create and present marketing campaigns for both digital and print media, such as direct mail pieces, flyers, brochures, business cards, custom graphics and templates, social media images, event materials, etc.;
- Be able to brainstorm and execute design concepts including both graphics and content;
- Effectively maintain and manage traditional marketing campaigns while consistently recommending and executing new ground-breaking marketing opportunities and ideas that meet any constraints of cost, time and the company;
- Build and maintain relationships with applicable marketing vendors;
- Think resourcefully to successfully manage project budgets and schedules of projects;
- Work well in a sales team environment adhering to tight deadlines, contributing ideas, and produce accurate and high-quality work;
- Identify the ideal mix of activities (sales tools, lead generation campaigns, advertising materials and events) to achieve the desired sales goals;
- Have the ability to multi-task marketing projects and assignments and deliver marketing materials when required;
- Maintain version control of all marketing materials and documents, presentations, and templates;
- Validate all materials to ensure content is accurate, including the proofreading of these materials to determine proper formatting and grammar;
- Assist sales team members, as needed, with their graphic support needs;
- Communicate and collaborate with all levels of management to achieve results;
- Perform other marketing support duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-4 years of work experience in a service-based industry executing both print and digital marketing;
- High-level technical knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (including but not limited to InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Dreamweaver);
- Strong skills in all areas of marketing including inspired concepts/design, market research, content creation/writing/editing, advertising, and oral communication;
- Artistic sensibility to include artistic ability, creativity as well as familiarity with design elements such as color and composition;
- Comprehensive knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, and Power Point) as well as other technologies to effectively market to consumers;
- Experience in a wide range of media, including, photography, digital marketing, email campaigns, websites, print, computer aided design and social media;
- The ability to effectively present ideas, both verbally and visually;
- Organizational skills needed to perform such duties as described above;
- Must be driven and work well in an extremely fast-paced environment.
Top candidates will be highly motivated, passionate about real estate, and ready to work hard for significant results. The ideal candidate will be committed to follow up, follow through, and follow back. They will also maintain structure in a highly productive environment, have flexibility to integrate seamlessly into diverse communication flows, and have the capacity to effectively prioritize. A commitment to quality, composure under pressure, and a positive outlook are paramount.
All applications need to include the following:
- Cover Letter detailing Start Date and Salary Requirements
- Portfolio Link
Applicants not submitting the above items will not be considered.
No phone calls please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.