Transaction Coordinator - Real Estate
- 3401 8th St NE, Washington, DC 20017, USA
MG Residential is a dynamic and rapidly-growing team that is focused on providing high quality representation to buyers and sellers as well as investment advisory services to individual and institutional investors in the greater Washington, DC area. We are affiliated with Keller Williams Capital Properties, a top residential brokerage in the area affiliated with Keller Williams, the #1 real estate franchise company in the world.
MG Residential is a business unit of The Menkiti Group, a Washington, DC-based integrated real estate services company dedicated to enhancing the fabric of life in America’s urban neighborhoods through the strategic development, management, and sale of residential and commercial property. Founded in the District of Columbia in 2004 with a mission to transform lives, careers, and communities through real estate, The Menkiti Group has invested over $180 million in DC’s emerging neighborhoods, developed or has in the pipeline over 1.6 million square feet of residential and commercial property, and has brokered the sale of over $1 billion in residential real estate. The Menkiti Group also operates Keller Williams Capital Properties, a regional brokerage with more than $2.1 billion in sales in 2017.
If you have a passion for real estate and love working with people, this could be a very rewarding position for you. The Menkiti Group is dedicated to the mission of transforming lives and communities through real estate. If you are someone who wants to make a difference in the world, we invite you to explore your career trajectory with us.
We are seeking a highly motivated Transaction Coordinator to join MG Residential, our residential sales team. The Transaction Coordinator is a role that is essential to the rapid growth of a residential sales team that will sell over 200 homes across the DC Metro area this year.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE A WASHINGTON DC REAL ESTATE LICENSE.
Our ideal Transaction Coordinator will have prior real estate transaction experience with an impeccable knowledge of the process. Must be able to multi-task, be organized, detailed, and be people-oriented.
The Transaction Coordinator will oversee 50+ transactions per month and work as the liaison between Real Estate Agents, Clients, Title Companies and Mortgage Lenders. The candidate will effectively follow an important timeline of dates, maintain physical and online files, and ensure the smooth and successful management of all relevant steps necessary to close each real estate transaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Transaction Coordinator has a critical role within the residential sales team with responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Process real estate contracts through closing;
- Maintain proper electronic and paper files and ensure all documents are uploaded to the appropriate systems;
- Manage all timelines to ensure that deadlines are met;
- Coordinate inspections and closing with all parties;
- Proactively establish communication with clients, co-op agents, title companies, lenders, and other service providers to ensure progress toward closing;
- Schedule home inspections by coordinating client, agent and inspector schedules;
- Create addendums and obtain signatures as needed;
- Order HOA documents and home warranties as needed;
- Monitor and ensure all closing contingencies are met;
- Update internal team on the progress of all contracts and advises agents of when they need to become involved in negotiations or issue resolution;
- Proactively handle any issues that arise from the transaction home inspection, appraisal, or financing;
- Ensure paperwork compliance with the brokerage;
- Ensure that all post-closing disbursements, filing, and procedures take place;
- Obtain client testimonials following the transaction;
- Prepare client gifts and provide to the agent prior to closing;
- Prepare and send a “closing package” to the client which contains all pertinent information regarding their closing;
- Schedule closing and send closing documents to all parties 24 hours prior.
- Create listing packages;
- Schedule and coordinate property visits as well as appointments for contractors, stagers, photographers, and cleaners as needed;
- Launch marketing plan for listings, including writing property descriptions, and ordering post signs;
- Input property information into the Bright MLS system;
- Prepare & facilitate the execution of listing paperwork;
- Coordinate the showing of properties;
- Prioritize daily and weekly key tasks ensuring all are executed accurately and efficiently;
- Create and deliver marketing materials to properties as needed;
- Create weekly property reports to share with the applicable listing agent;
- Ensure all properties have two sets of keys;
- Manage and continually update property records in our database system;
- Manage inventory of equipment, signs and lock boxes;
- Create weekly list of open houses.
- Washington DC Real Estate License with prior industry experience and an impeccable knowledge of the real estate process;
- Minimum of 3 years of real estate customer service and database management experience;
- Candidate must also be computer savvy with expert knowledge of Word, Excel, databases, and internet-based software such as SalesForce;
- Strong professional presence as well as a results-oriented self-starter who can support a cohesive team and create synergies to achieve results;
- Solid advanced administrative skills, a talent for impeccable communication, and ability to multi-task while being meticulous with details;
- Ability to effortlessly maintain and nurture relationships and represent the team in a strong and consistent manner in various settings;
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative team environment as well as drive work independently with accountability in a fast-paced setting;
- Experience in a high-growth environment preferred.
Top candidates will be highly motivated, passionate about real estate, and ready to work hard for significant results. The ideal candidate will be committed to follow up, follow through, and follow back. They will also maintain structure in a highly productive environment, have flexibility to integrate seamlessly into diverse communication flows, and have the capacity to effectively prioritize. A commitment to quality, composure under pressure, and a positive outlook are paramount.
All applications need to include the following:
- Cover Letter detailing Start Date and Salary Requirements
Applicants not submitting the above items will not be considered.
No phone calls please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.