- Paris, France
- Temps complet
Description de l'entreprise
Do you know Meetic, Match, OkCupid or Tinder? That's us!
In 15 years, 8 million couples have been formed through Meetic. Dating services available in 15 languages, in 16 countries and answering millions of searches per day.
We could give you many more figures, tell you about our mission, our values, etc. but everything is available here:
So don't hesitate to take a look at it... before or after you apply!
Description du poste
We are looking for a General Accountant to join our Global Accounting team. It’s an exciting time to swipe right on joining us!
As General Accountant, you will report to an International Accounting Manager and be responsible for general accounting duties involving journal entry development and input, balance sheet account reconciliations, financial statement analysis and a variety of special projects assigned by management.
- Prepare journal entries for month-end, quarter-end and year-end close.
- Prepare account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare schedules that support month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial reports.
- Prepare roll-forward schedules for key accounts.
- Reviewing expenses to determine proper classification, timing and recognition.
- Research variances in account balances and assist the finance team in explaining actuals to forecast differences.
- Preparing ad hoc reports and analyses, as requested.
- Provide support as needed to internal and external auditors.
Improving / Developing
- Assist in identifying potential process improvements, documenting new policies and procedures and contributing to a sound internal control environment.
- All duties performed follow U.S. GAAP, company policies and procedures, SEC, and SOX requirements (required is to be familiar with multi GAAP accounting)
- Special projects as assigned by management.
- French BTS or any Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or related field preferred
- 3+ years prior accounting experience with demonstrated experience with general ledger accounting, monthly financial close and account reconciliations
- French and English effective oral and written communication
- Advanced Excel skills
- Comfortable with working in multi-GAAP and in an international environment
- Ability to interact with internal and external auditors
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work and research/resolve issues independently
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple conflicting priorities thanks to strong organizational and time management skills
It will never take you long to come to work at Meetic: we are located in the heart of Paris (St Lazare station, RER A Auber station at our feet, subway M3-7-8-9).
If you are looking for a serious, full-time and permanent story, we are here to make it together.
Take the first step... send us your application.