- Paris, France
European leader in dating services, Meetic Group is present in 15 countries.
At Meetic Group, we want to spark meaningful connections for every single person in the world. Meetic Group combines the number 1 dating brands across all European markets such as Meetic, Match, Lexa or LoveScout24. We are part of The Match Group (an IAC Company) thus part of the broadest global portfolio of more than 40 dating brands, including OkCupid and Tinder..
Within Finance, the accounting department is responsible for Bookkeeping & Tax Compliance of Meetic European legal entities. In this international framework, the accounting department is looking for an Accounting Director who will be responsible for managing general accounting activities for domestic and foreign entities.
Missions will include:
1) Managing daily general accounting activities for several European entities
- Provide strategic and day-to-day management of the general accounting team located in France & remotely out of France (team of a dozen members including 4 accounting managers as direct reports), working directly with the Match Group Europe Controller
- Optimize the capabilities of the financial organization by assessing talent and coaching and mentoring where appropriate, and by developing the most effective team structure.
- Multi-GAAP Accounting
2) Leading monthly and year end closings
- Organizing and supervising monthly closing activities of local teams
- Review of reconciliations and controls, Balance Sheet clean-ups
- P&L and Balance sheet Analytical Reviews and Actuals vs. forecast analysis
- Complete analysis of financial results and develop recommendations (strategic and tactical)
3) Internal/External Audits
- Coordination and key contacts for internal audits and external audits with the help of the stats manager
- Coordination and key contacts for fiscal authorities & for parent company tax department with the help of the tax manager
- Review & ensure group tax compliancy with the help of the tax manager in charge of relationship with local accounting experts/accounting teams (VAT, income tax assimilated, transfer price, corporate income tax returns, financial statements, …)
- Reviewing tax reports for the parent company
5) Ensuring compliance to Internal procedures & application of internal SOX process
- Maintain and enhance SOX appropriate control environment
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures
6) Ad hoc Projects
- Participation to:
- accounting process improvements
- new controls implementation
- ERP implementation
- integration of any new acquisition
Certified Accountant, you have a successful experience of at least 5 years in a similar senior managing role.
You have an advanced mastery of Excel and analytical skills to review and analyze complex financial information.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, fluency in business English.
Rigorous, dynamic, succinct and able to adapt rapidly.