Senior Corporate Counsel W/M
- London, UK
Match Group is the Global Leader in Dating with a portfolio of 45 brands (Match, Meetic, Tinder, okcupid etc...) available in nearly every country in the world.
Match Group (MTCH) is seeking a motivated and talented attorney (UK law qualified) to join the Match Group Legal team. This position will report to the Associate General Counsel, Legal Director, EMEA & APAC to provide day-to-day legal support to Match Group’s EMEA operated brands.
POSITION FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Draft, revise and negotiate various commercial agreements, including marketing, promotional, and production agreements, advertising insertion orders, operations agreements, IT agreements, supply agreements and others.
- Provide legal support to ensure compliance with consumer laws and regulations of websites and commercial operations in EMEA, and generally assist in ensuring local law compliance (with external counsels as may be needed).Provide legal support in relation with commercial partnership, sponsorship, sweepstakes and other promotions including drafting accompanying contracts, rules and disclosures.
- Assist the customer care team with regard to customer-related issues.
- Work closely with internal business teams to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Assist in setting up processes and providing training to the business teams.
- Assist in administration of corporate policies and procedures, such as vendor security, privacy compliance and contract approval.
- Work with internal and external counsels to establish, maintain and protect the global trademarks portfolio and generally deal with intellectual property matters.
- Work with internal and external counsels to draft cease and desist letters and deal with litigation matters.
- Provide other legal support as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- A law degree from an accredited law school and admission to practice law in the UK.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience, with top law firm and in house legal department experience preferred.
- Strong fact-finding, drafting, negotiating, writing and research skills.
- Experience with consumer law, marketing law, data protection, intellectual property, digital media and internet industry; familiarity with the substantive laws relevant to our industry in any of the following markets a plus: France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden, other EU and EEA countries.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, as well as impeccable attention to detail, strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Able to manage competing expectations, be nimble, prioritize effectively and deliver high-quality, error-free work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strategic thinker and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- The leadership acumen and credibility to inspire confidence among business clients in a high growth business.
- Language skills are a strong plus.
Match Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
ABOUT MATCH GROUP:
Match Group (NASDAQ: MTCH) is a leading provider of dating products. We operate a portfolio of brands, including Tinder, Match, PlentyOfFish, OkCupid, OurTime, Meetic, Lovescout24 and Pairs, each designed to increase our users' likelihood of finding a meaningful connection. Through our portfolio of trusted brands, we provide tailored products to meet the varying preferences of our users. We currently offer our dating products in 42 languages across more than 190 countries.