EMEA Privacy Counsel W/M
- Dublin, Ireland
Match Group is the Global Leader in Dating with a portfolio of 45 brands (Match, Meetic, Tinder, okcupid etc...) available in nearly every country in the world.
We are looking for a Privacy Counsel to help us ensure the highest standard of privacy for our organization and for our users! If you are an expert on privacy laws and regulations and know how to develop, communicate and ensure alignment with both laws and industry best practices when it comes to privacy and emerging technologies—we want to hear from you!
This position can be based in Paris or Dublin and will be reporting to Match Group Global Head of Privacy. The Privacy Counsel will be the “go to” person for all privacy legal issues and matters in relation to EMEA brands of the Match Group.
In this role you will:
- Participate in the development of Match Group’s privacy strategy to meet changing global privacy requirements
- Work hand in hand with internal stakeholders to implement and deploy updates to Match Group’s privacy strategy
- Communicate and ensure understanding of, and compliance with, applicable privacy laws and regulations as new products and features are developed
- Develop, maintain and communicate privacy policies and procedures
- Draft and negotiate privacy terms as well as provide guidance to the legal team and to business partners
- Assist with ongoing review and update of internal trainings on legal and regulatory requirements relating to privacy, as well as best practices
We’re looking for:
Masters degree from an accredited, top-tier law school.
3+ years of privacy experience at a top-tier law firm (desirable but not required) and/or in an in-house role (experience in a technology company environment is preferred)
CIPP/E desirable, but not required
Ability to speak, read, write and understand English fluently
Fluency in French desirable but not required
Autonomous and self-motivated team player
Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp business issues, balance risks, exhibit and exercise sound judgment
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Excellent project management and verbal and written communication skills
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
The hustle of a startup environment with the impact on a global scale
Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the world’s most exciting privacy problems
The opportunity to serve as a subject matter expert for privacy rules, reporting directly to Match Group Global Head of Privacy
Making a difference in people’s lives. A lot of businesses say they change lives, but we actually do it. We’ve helped millions of people find love. How cool is that?