Junior / Mid-Level Web QA Tester
- 213 W Institute Pl, Chicago, IL 60610, USA
Medtelligent is dedicated to providing cutting-edge technology to the assisted living industry. Our flagship product, ALIS (Assisted Living Intelligent Solutions), provides all of the tools necessary to successfully operate an assisted living facility. ALIS helps communities manage resident information, medications, care schedules, billing and more.
Our team is growing, and we're looking for more QA testers! If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing engineering team, where you will directly impact an industry leading product that helps people, check us out! www.medtelligent.com
We are looking for a QA Tester to assess software quality through manual and automated testing. You will be responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches, and for working with the Development team to verify fixes before they are released into production. In this role, you should have a keen eye for detail and sharp communication skills. Ultimately, you will ensure that our applications and systems work correctly and provide the best user experience for our clients.
- Work with the product development team to create test plans
- Execute test cases (manual and/or automated) and analyze results
- Monitor application errors and performance monitoring
- Test application performance with load testing tools
- Basic web QA knowldege
- Comfortable learning new technologies necessary to perform aspects of this job (ex. Learning Python to write load tests)
- Strong organization skills
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude with a keen eye for detail
- Works well both individually and as a team contributor
- Excellent personal presentation, oral, and written skills
- Must love puns
- Mobile testing experience
- Basic programming skills a plus to help with writing and running automated and load testing
- Experience writing automated tests
- Web-service testing experience
- Documentation and Test Plan writing skills
You should include these in your application:
- A short write-up explaining who you are as an individual and why you would make a great QA tester. Sample quesitons you might want to address: What relevant projects have you enjoyed working on? Which have you disliked? What motivates you? What makes you uniquely suited to the fastidious field of testing? What are some of your other interests aside from writing kick-ass code that you pursue?
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume or LinkedIn profile)
Our Company Values
- Caring. - We choose to be positive and optimistic. We are good natured and light-hearted. We always search for ways to say "yes."
- Passion. - It takes passion to make the world a better place. Our clients are devoted to providing exceptional care, and we're devoted to supporting them. It's this passion for our work that is at the heart of all our values; without it, the rest fall away.
- Respect and Trust. - Trust is the core of our working relationships with each other, our clients, and our company. We have each other’s backs, and we aim to create an environment that feels safe and reliable.
- Individuality. - Our team comes from all different backgrounds, and it is our unique blend of perspectives that gives us an edge. We embrace our differences, and welcome the chance to understand situations from a new point of view.
- Honesty. - When we are true to ourselves, we can be true to our clients. We strive to deliver on our promises, own up to our mistakes, and hold our peers accountable to the same transparency.
- Advocacy. - We appreciate the advocate in each other. We are champions for our clients' needs and ideas, bringing them to the table at every opportunity. If we have an opinion on what will make the biggest difference, we aren't afraid to speak our minds.
- Curiosity. - We welcome the knowledge seekers and the problem solvers. We seek to understand the ins and outs of every challenge, and to approach each task with open and active minds.
- Evolution. - Our industry is constantly changing, and so are we. We refuse to stay stagnant. We look for the bright side of change, and know that adaptability is key to success.
- Work with way cool, wickedly intelligent, and super interesting people (We’re not biased, but we’re pretty awesome)
- Work in the extremely vibrant River North neighborhood of Chicago
- Fun and collaborative work environment
- PTO + major holidays, 401(k)
- Premium insurance plan including health, dental, vision
- Snacks! (Who doesn’t love snacks?)
Our team is diverse - Medtelligent values and promotes diversity. We are an an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.