Finance Assistant (m/f/d)
- Oxfordshire (home-based initially), UK, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
We have a great opportunity for a Finance Assistant in our expanding finance team, to take up a role to support of our growing business. This is a new role that will play an integral part in the day-to-day running of medneo’s UK accounts function with accountability for system data entry (including payroll), ledger maintenance and AP/AR operations.
The successful candidate will report to the Finance Manager and will focus on the timely and efficient processing of transactions from data entry through to payments and cash collection, in accordance with established controls and procedures.
medneo UK is part of the wider medneo group, an established and innovative German imaging company headquartered in Berlin with static and mobile services across Germany and in Zurich. medneo’s focus is on providing exemplary patient care and services to our referrers, radiologists and customers – both in the NHS and independent sector. As a colleague in medneo’s fast-growing UK business, you will be working with a highly committed team. We will support your professional development and all staff members have an agreed personal development plan and are supported to ensure they achieve their personal professional goals.
- Timely raising of customer invoices, working closely with the operational teams to ensure billing accuracy
- Proactive approach to credit control and customer on-boarding to ensure any agreed credit terms are not exceeded
- Setting up of supplier and customer accounts making sure that process is followed and appropriate authority is obtained
- Developing effective relationships with key suppliers and working with internal colleagues to ensure proper process is followed including delegated sign-off limits and credit terms
- Validation, coding and posting of supplier invoices to the company purchase ledgers
- Support the planning and performance of supplier payment runs by raising purchase orders, reconciling payments, preparing reports and setting up online banking payments
- Posting journals including prepayments, accruals and deferred income supported by comprehensive workings to enable easy review
- Carry out bank reconciliations and resolving discrepancies to ensure that the ledgers are kept up-to-date and accurate at all times
- Maintenance of fixed asset registers, providing supporting schedules and calculations
- Preparation and accurate input of payroll data into the payroll system to include starters, leavers and changes in circumstances
- Responsible for carrying out system house-keeping duties to remove unused accounts, correct mis-postings and undertake account reconciliations
- Support the preparations for the annual statutory financial reporting and audit processes
- General administrative duties within the finance department including opening post, answering incoming calls and responding to emails
- Adept using financial systems and software
- Excellent communication skills across all levels
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to organise own time efficiently and to use initiative
- Accounting knowledge and awareness underpinned by practical experience
- A willingness to learn and develop yourself and support others’ learning
What medneo offers
This role is a permanent position with long-term career prospects. Key features and benefits of working with us include:
- A competitive salary and benefits package including private medical insurance and life assurance cover
- A highly motivated team, focused on the providing the highest quality service for our patients and customers
- Considerable opportunity for career development within a growing company
start: as soon as possible
location: Oxfordshire, UK (home based initially)
Thank you for your interest in this role at medneo. We can’t wait to meet you. At medneo we are most passionate about two things: our patients’ experience and our people.
How to apply
Please send us your application via the "I'm interested" button below or contact us if you have any questions concerning the position. As part of the recruiting process you will be asked to provide information to the following pre-employment checks: identity, right to work in the UK, professional registration and qualifications, employment history and references (for the previous 5 years), criminal record and barring (Enhanced DBS check) and Occupational Health assessments. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory completion of these checks.
Contact us to discuss this role and learn more about us and how we work.