Occupational Therapist or Speech Pathologist - Behaviour Support Team
- Perth South Metro, Perth, WA, Australia
- Department: atWork NDIS
- Cost Centre: 1396 - atWork NDIS Atw WA
- State: WA
- Job Status: Full Time
Join us at the start of an exciting time as we grow and expand our NDIS team nationally. You will have an autonomous role where you can make a difference to our NDIS expansion and with opportunities to grow your own career pathway.
- Exciting and rapidly growing NDIS Team - you can make your mark
- Career progression and security
- Flexible location offering work/life balance
We are looking for an allied health professional with positive behaviour support experience to join our Positive Behaviour Support Team!
This is a great opportunity to use your experience to develop and deliver evidence-based support plans for individuals with a disability. This role will ensure individual plans reflect our NDIS participants' passions and interests and promotes their quality of life. Whilst doing so you will also build the knowledge, capacity and strengths of all those who are important to the participant.
Applicants seeking part-time or full-time employment are invited to submit, flexible Perth South Metro location.
Key responsibilities include
- Assist individuals and their families to identify their needs through functional behaviour assessment and person-centred planning to develop meaningful goals and practical strategies to support people in their home and community
- Develop Behaviour Support Plans utilising a positive behaviour support framework with a commitment to eliminate restrictive practices
- Implement behaviour supports plans using modelling and coaching.
- Work collaboratively within a small cohesive team environment
- A minimum of 1 years Behaviour Support experience.
- Relevant qualification in allied health and eligibility to register with the relevant membership body
- Eligible to be registered with the NDIS Quality & Safeguarding Commission as a PBS Practitioner
- Demonstrated experience working with people with complex needs and challenging behaviours
- Demonstrated experience in developing & delivering positive behaviour support plans & training to staff and other key stakeholders
- A compassionate and supportive demeanour
- A national police clearance and working with children check (or the ability to obtain one)
To be successful in this role, you will be solution focused, highly organised and possess exceptional people skills. You will be passionate about what you do and pride yourself on delivering exceptional customer service.
What we offer;
- A competitive salary
- Fantastic culture with a purpose and values driven organisation
- A supportive and flexible working environment.
- Professional development opportunities, which may be eligible for CPD points;
- Career progression opportunities nationally with AtWork Australia and MedHealth Group;
- Mobile phone and laptop;
- Fuel allowance;
- A monthly bonus incentive program;
- A reward and recognition program;
- Wellness support and EAP
- Discounted health insurance and;
- Roadside assistance;
To find out more about this exciting opportunity APPLY NOW or if you require further information please call Denise Stone on (08) 6282 2221
You are welcome here.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, proudly welcoming people with disability including mental health conditions, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people from the LGBTQI community, veterans, carers and Indigenous Australians to our team. When you join MedHealth, we want you to bring your whole self to work – and we value your unique contribution.