Job Coach - Mandurah
- 1-3 Dower St, Mandurah WA 6210, Australia
- Department: atWork DES
- State: WA
- Job Status: Max Term
atWork Australia is a leading national provider and delivers Disability Employment Services on behalf of the Australian Government. We are proud to have strong partnerships with employers to help drive employment opportunities for all Australians across five states.
atWork Australia has secured sustainable employment for thousands of people with disability since its inception in 2003. We support job seekers with disability, injury, illness and disadvantage to build better working lives.
As a Job Coach, you will responsible for the successful placement and transition of job seekers into sustainable employment and/or education, providing a high quality, individually tailored service, promoting atWork job seekers to both local and national employers and contributing to the site's overall Star Ratings performance.
Reporting to the Service manager, you will be responsible for:
- Encouraging and motivating participants through appropriate activities to find their own employment;
- Placing participants into sustainable employment leading to outcomes; and
- Ensuring all activity is appropriately recorded, documented and adheres to compliance and/or contractual requirements.
This opportunity is a full time max term contract until June 30, 2023.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- An understanding of Disability / Employment Services and experience within a similar role;
- Proven experience in hospitality, retail, customer service and sales;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Superior organisational and time management skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to build rapport effectively;
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise workload;
- Hold a current driver's license;
- A commitment to and proven experience providing excellent customer service; and
- Demonstrated capability with appropriate technology to meet the needs of the role.
What we will give you:
- Ongoing career development and national opportunities,
- Access to a range of learning opportunities, including individual training and mentoring,
- Access to a range of benefits including discounts for: health insurance, banking and home loans,
- Ability to purchase additional leave and
- Roadside assistance.
This is a full time, max term contract until 30 June 2023 with the possibility of extension dependent on DES program extension.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please select the "Apply for this Job" tab to upload your resume / cover letter.
Further details about atWork Australia can be found on our website: www.atworkaustralia.com.au
You are welcome here.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, proudly welcoming people with disability including mental health conditions, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people from the LGBTQI community, veterans, carers and Indigenous Australians to our team. When you join MedHealth, we want you to bring your whole self to work – and we value your unique contribution.