Full or Part Time Licensed Veterinary Technician
- 1014 Central Ave N, Kent, WA 98032, USA
McMonigle Veterinary Hospital, pllc is a well-established, independently owned practice in Kent, WA. Our hospital was founded in 1974 and has recently been remodeled and expanded to help fit our growing client base. Our practice focuses on quality medicine, compassionate care and excellent customer service. We strive to go above and beyond for our clients and their pets!
McMonigle Veterinary Hospital, pllc is an established, growing, privately-owned small animal practice seeking a veterinary technician for our team. We are looking for an individual to become a long-term member of our practice while developing lasting relationships with our clients and helping our patients live healthy, happy lives.
An ideal candidate must have a strong desire to continue to increase their knowledge and learn veterinary information which will improve their ability to assist doctors with their patients. Previous experience in the veterinary field is required. Ideal candidates should demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
- Excel at customer service
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve and self-motivate
- Strong communication skills
- Basic computer aptitude
- Genuine desire to improve knowledge of veterinary medicine
- Detail-oriented and able to follow directions
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assisting doctors - surgical and general medicine
- Providing patient care
- Providing client education
- Use of medical equipment: digital x-rays, digital dental x-rays, in-house lab machines, ultrasound, therapy laser
Full time employee benefits include:
- Discounted veterinary care for employee pets
- Health/dental insurance
- Vacation/sick paid time off
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Major holidays off
- License expenses covered
- Opportunity to attend continuing education seminars
- Performance based quarterly bonus opportunities
Applicants must be willing to work rotating Saturdays. Starting pay is dependent upon experience.
In person applications are preferred, but email applications will be accepted if you cannot visit during business hours. Bring your resume into the office and direct all inquiries to Maria Quilici (Practice Manager) or Cordia Mickelson (Lead Technician).
Previous experience in the veterinary field is required. Licensed Veterinary Technicians preferred but substantial experience would be considered.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.