- 1227 25th St NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
McKinley Advisors, a leading association consulting firm, is organized around developing and delivering practical, proven solutions that enable mission-driven organizations to maximize member value and their impact on society.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter.
We are searching for a self-starter interested in managing complex, fast-paced projects to join our staff as a Project Manager. The Project Manager will be client-facing and staffed on multiple projects at a time, affording you visibility and access into a diversity of challenges facing senior leaders in the association landscape, and ensuring every day is dynamic and varied. The ideal candidate would have broad skills across project management approaches traditional project management skills as well as experience using AGILE project management approaches that result in delivering maximum value in the shortest amount of time to our clients across project teams. The Project Manager will work with staff across the organization and use various cloud-based project management and collaboration platforms to achieve client strategic goals. The position will be responsible for project management of our client’s most valuable process -- the strategic plan implementation -- as well as other internal projects at McKinley Advisors.
- Assume the project manager role for multiple simultaneous client projects.
- Coordinate activities with staff, vendors, and consultants as needed to ensure project success; work with diverse project teams and stakeholders daily, ensuring that projects are moving forward on schedule, working with management as needed to ensure the project’s success.
- Effectively apply appropriate project management approaches and frameworks (e.g. SCRUM, Kanban, LEAN, etc.), ensure projects are feasible and meet strategy, budget, quality, and timeline goals.
- Participate in project discovery and portfolio planning sessions as needed.
- Use appropriate tools to keep project artifacts well organized, easily accessible, and easily understood by all project team members.
- Design, build, and improve processes and systems that contribute to operational excellence.
- Form part of the core project management team which has the following duties:
- Establish templates, policies, and partnerships to mature the project management function at McKinley and its client organizations.
- Develop, track, and report on project metrics such as burn-down and burn-up rates.
- Hold periodic learning sessions with other members of the staff.
- Coach team members and clients on project management best practices, including ways for refining backlogs, writing user stories, and general understanding of processes to ensure success.
- Bachelor’s Degree or certification in Project Management - or similar experience. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- 2 to 4 years of experience managing complex enterprise projects.
- 2 to 4 years of experience working in an Agile environment utilizing Scrum or Kanban frameworks preferred
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification preferred
- Experience working with Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
- In order to be successful in this role, all candidates must have a collaborative mindset, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, client focus, strong interpersonal and communication skills, and be able to maintain a positive attitude under stressful conditions.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of modern frameworks such as SCRUM, Kanban, LEAN, etc. As well as knowledge of SaaS project management platforms such as Asana or Teamwork, and Atlassian tools such as JIRA, Structure, Confluence, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Knowledge of associations a plus.
Employee Value and Compensation
- Starting pay of $70,000 per annum, salary commensurate with experience.
- McKinley Advisors provides an excellent and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k match, ancillary benefits, professional development opportunities, and generous paid time off benefits.
- McKinley Advisors prides itself on being a highly collaborative and engaged workplace; we believe our people are our greatest assets and are always seeking ways to strengthen our work environment and culture.
- McKinley Advisors is a fast-paced, high-energy firm with a highly motivated staff. This job will experience high work demands under tight timelines requiring a flexible and adaptable approach to daily priorities. This position is sometimes sedentary and there will be long periods in front of the computer, possibly standing or sitting for long periods.
This is a remote position, but the expectation will be that once it is safe, this position will need to visit the Washington DC office and client sites as needed.
- Full-time, 100% FTE, Exempt
- Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Building a Stronger Us
We are committed to building a work environment that doesn’t just welcome diversity, equity, and inclusion, but celebrates it.
At McKinley our most important value is being human. We put people above everything else and celebrate and support the individuality of our staff.
McKinley provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.