- 515 N State St, Chicago, IL 60654, USA
McKinley Advisors, a leading association consulting firm, is organized around developing and delivering practical, proven solutions that enable mission-driven organizations to maximize member value and their impact on society.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter.
The Business Consultant manages and supports a portfolio of diverse, advanced projects, focusing on developing data-based strategies to help associations address challenges related to their strategy and innovation, organization excellence, and business transformation. The Consultant will be responsible for providing the highest level of service to McKinley’s executive-level association clients and their volunteer leaders, as well as working with cross-functional internal teams through project execution and preparation of deliverables. The Consultant will support a wide variety of client engagements, including business and scenario planning, pricing and dues modeling, and organizational assessments.
Client Service and Project Leadership (70%)
- Lead and support team-based analytics projects ensuring work products fulfill the stated goals and meet or exceed client expectations.
- Support clients by providing insights and effective practices that help to answer organizational questions and address challenges.
- Create financial deliverables including pro forma budgets, financial scenarios, pricing analysis and others to inform and advance clients’ assessment and planning efforts.
- Identify, develop and align project themes and opportunities to recommendations that address key client challenges.
- Maintains a demonstrable commitment to the firm’s strategic priorities.
Project and Knowledge Management (30%)
- Manage project and internal teams (whether direct or indirect reports), providing frequent, clear and actionable feedback to team members and effectively advancing project tasks.
- Serve as a formal or informal mentor and seeks out opportunities to informally support staff across the team.
- Continually identifies ways to innovate delivery methods/formats and creatively address project needs, especially as relates to financial analysis, projections, dashboards, etc.
- Support McKinley knowledge sharing and continuous process improvement efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance – or similar experience
- Mid-level financial analyst or consulting experience preferred including at least 3 years of success in project management, finance or similar field with a high degree of visibility and impact
- Ability to translate complex business problems into decision-making models, projections and scenarios, documenting assumptions and key questions along the way.
- Proficient knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong business writing skills
- Ability to manage and deliver on advanced projects in a fast-paced environment often with tight deadlines
- Market research familiarity, including collaborative survey design, as well as analysis that generates recommendations to clients
- Experience with project management tools and software, databases and/or business intelligence tools a plus (i.e.: Teamwork Projects, Microsoft BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Knowledge of associations a plus
Employee Value and Compensation
- Starting pay of $70,000 per annum, salary commensurate with experience.
- McKinley Advisors provides an excellent and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k match, ancillary benefits, professional development opportunities, and generous paid time off benefits.
- McKinley Advisors prides itself on being a highly collaborative and engaged workplace; we believe our people are our greatest assets and are always seeking ways to strengthen our work environment and culture.
- McKinley Advisors is a fast-paced, high-energy firm with a highly motivated staff. This job will experience high work demands under tight timelines requiring a flexible and adaptable approach to daily priorities. This position is sometimes sedentary and there will be long periods in front of the computer, possibly standing or sitting for long periods.
- During the pandemic work is conducted remotely, but the expectation will be that once it is safe, the Consultant will work from time to time in either/both the Washington DC and Chicago McKinley locations.
- Business travel is a regular expectation for this role. The need to travel is typically known well in advance, and will not be required during the pandemic.
- Full-time, 100% FTE, Exempt
- Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Building a Stronger Us
We are committed to building a work environment that doesn’t just welcome diversity, equity, and inclusion, but celebrates it.
At McKinley our most important value is being human. We put people above everything else and celebrate and support the individuality of our staff.
McKinley provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.