- 1227 25th St NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
McKinley Advisors, a leading association consulting firm, is organized around developing and delivering practical, proven solutions that enable mission-driven organizations to maximize member value and their impact on society.
We are searching for a self-starter interested in managing complex, fast paced projects to join our staff as an Associate Consultant. The Associate Consultant will be client-facing and staffed on multiple client projects at a time, affording you visibility and access into a diversity of challenges facing senior leaders in the association landscape, and ensuring every day is dynamic and varied. In addition to your core responsibility of managing project activities, you would be part of an experienced team responsible for delivering research and strategy solutions that empower associations to succeed. This opportunity within our growing firm provides significant room for advancement.
- Manage each client project from start to finish, ensuring timelines are met, and work products fulfill the stated goals and exceed expectations
- Coordinate qualitative research efforts including conducting interviews and managing contractors, as needed
- Communicate professionally and effectively with internal team members and clients
- Lead segments of client calls and discussions regarding project logistics, status and findings
- Draw from your experience on other projects and the McKinley network to provide clients with association industry insight to answer questions and address challenges
- Provide guidance to support staff and other members of project team, managing administrative tasks, including delegating them to contractors as needed
- Review and analyze client materials and project documents to summarize findings
- Facilitate review of deliverables with other team members
- With direction from the team, prepare written deliverables and develop project themes, opportunities and recommendations to address key client challenges
- With support from your team, present to the client and facilitate discussions in small or large group settings
- Nurture relationships to encourage follow-on business.
- Support McKinley knowledge sharing and continuous process improvement efforts
- Continually identifying ways to innovate delivery methods/formats and creatively address project needs.
- 2-4 years of professional work experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent business writing skills
- High level of attention to detail, time management and organization is a must have
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities at one time, taking initiative to solve problems independently
- Some experience with or demonstrated interest in presentations and public speaking
- Availability for occasional business travel
- Knowledge of associations a plus
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research tools a plus
- Experience with project management tools and software a plus
Employee Value and Compensation
- Starting pay of $62,000 per annum, salary commensurate with experience.
- McKinley Advisors provides an excellent and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k match, ancillary benefits, professional development opportunities, and generous paid time off benefits.
- McKinley Advisors prides itself on being a highly collaborative and engaged workplace; we believe our people are our greatest assets and are always seeking ways to strengthen our work environment and culture.
- McKinley Advisors is a fast-paced, high-energy firm with a highly motivated staff. This job will experience high work demands under tight timelines requiring a flexible and adaptable approach to daily priorities. This position is primarily sedentary and there will be long periods in front of the computer, possibly standing or sitting for long periods.
- During the pandemic work is conducted remotely, but the expectation will be that once it is safe, this position will come to the Washington DC office on a regular basis.
- Full-time, 100% FTE, Exempt
- Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Building a Stronger Us
We are committed to building a work environment that doesn’t just welcome diversity, equity, and inclusion, but celebrates it.
At McKinley our most important value is being human. We put people above everything else and celebrate and support the individuality of our staff.
McKinley provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.