Associate Research Manager
- 1227 25th St NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
McKinley Advisors, a leading association consulting firm, is organized around developing and delivering practical, proven solutions that enable mission-driven organizations to maximize member value and their impact on society.
We are looking for a self-starter interested in managing complex, fast paced projects to join our staff as an Associate Research Manager. The Associate Research Manager supports the design, administration and reporting for McKinley Advisors research and quantitative work. The position requires strong quantitative and analytical skills, outstanding listening and communication abilities, and commitment to developing general expertise in McKinley’s service lines. The role also requires the ability to work collaboratively with teams while delegating and overseeing the work of contractors
and vendor resources.
Scientific and Technical Knowledge
- Maintain a fundamental understanding of survey and opinion research methods, data analysis (e.g., analyze data cuts, perform financial projections), and important topical areas in the association industry (e.g., membership, dues models, DEI, product development)
- Maintain and expand an expert knowledge of McKinley survey and opinion research tools and software including Alchemer, Marketsight and Q Research Software, and MS Office products with the ability to learn other programs as necessary (e.g., Tableau data visualization)
- Build and maintain an understanding of qualitative research processes and occasionally assist by participating in the execution of these phases for McKinley clients
- Work collaboratively with project teams and clients, making contributions to support an effective research strategy, both recognizing and building on other project phases to ensure the greatest impact of your work
- Delegate work to contractors and vendors as appropriate, ensuring that you are working efficiently and effectively to meet client needs
- Provide oversight and hands-on execution for all phases of research and quantitative work including design, data collection, analysis and reporting, using a broad set of quantitative methods such as custom surveys, financial data modelling, analytics, and more
- Solve technical/tactical problems independently or with guidance from a senior researcher
Team and Company Contribution
- Actively participate in team and/or company initiatives/functions including but not limited to work groups, thought leadership studies, and team meetings
- Proactively seek out opportunities to contribute to client engagements, providing your expertise to ensure the research is high impact and contributes the greatest value to the project outcomes
- Maintain the ability to recognize variances in client needs by providing work product that is appropriate for the client, the field they represent, and the project while providing support to the project team in navigating client relationships
- 2-4 years market research or survey research experience
- Bachelor’s degree – or similar experience
- Knowledge of web-based survey software systems
- Knowledge of statistical software programs such as SPSS, MarketSight or Q
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information into written reports
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving abilities
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in teams
- Professional demeanor and cooperative spirit
Employee Value and Compensation
- Starting pay of $62,000 per annum, salary commensurate with experience.
- McKinley Advisors provides an excellent and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k match, ancillary benefits, professional development opportunities, and generous paid time off benefits.
- McKinley Advisors prides itself on being a highly collaborative and engaged workplace; we believe our people are our greatest assets and are always seeking ways to strengthen our work environment and culture.
- McKinley Advisors is a fast-paced, high-energy firm with a highly motivated staff. This job will experience high work demands under tight timelines requiring a flexible and adaptable approach to daily priorities. This position is primarily sedentary and there will be long periods in front of the computer, possibly standing or sitting for long periods.
- During the pandemic work is conducted remotely, but the expectation will be that once it is safe, this position will come to the Washington DC office on a regular basis.
- Full-time, 100% FTE, Exempt
- Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Building a Stronger Us
We are committed to building a work environment that doesn’t just welcome diversity, equity, and inclusion, but celebrates it.
At McKinley our most important value is being human. We put people above everything else and celebrate and support the individuality of our staff.
McKinley provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.