- 1227 25th St NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
McKinley Advisors, a leading association consulting firm, is organized around developing and delivering practical, proven solutions that enable mission-driven organizations to maximize member value and their impact on society.
We are searching for a talented, well-rounded, and driven candidate to be our internal Marketing Manager. Our Marketing Manager will enjoy significant room for creativity, growth and independence as they touch on all aspects of the firm’s marketing and branding. McKinley Advisors is a collaborative and collegial workplace, and this position with often work with a variety of talented colleagues and clients. The Marketing Manager reports to a Principal of the firm who leads business development, marketing, and industry relations functions.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for all aspects of marketing the services of the firm to its target markets and clients. The manager will develop, implement, and monitor marketing strategies and campaigns, working in partnership with colleagues in business development, industry relations, and across the firm. The manager will oversee the use of technology platforms such as HubSpot and Google Analytics, along with related contractors and vendors.
Marketing Development and Implementation
- Develop and communicate marketing plans, campaign results, and project recommendations to the Principal
- Effectively interact and collaborate with the business development team in order to further integrate the sales and marketing functions within HubSpot
- Maintain and manage project schedules, approvals, and other project-related needs
- Create and manage cross-channel support of integrated marketing plans
- Project manage all the parts of marketing programs to ensure they are delivered in a timely manner
- Drive objectives by developing innovative ways to communicate marketing messages via integrated marketing programs that include direct mail, email, web, video, collateral
- Support awareness and relationship-building efforts of staff at industry meetings and events
- Ensure marketing messaging is consistent and drives key messages in an impactful way
- Develop content to support marketing campaigns and business development efforts as needed
- Manage freelancers or vendors as needed
Website and Social Media Management
- Lead a website rebuild working with a HubSpot vendor as one of the initial projects. This project will be immersive in building buyer personas and the buyer’s journey.
- Utilize a metric driven approach to determine which campaigns/programs are most effective and leverage these learnings to adjust future marketing activity
- Manage procedures for content development and plan content calendar
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and writer(s) to create content including blogs, case studies, social media, advertising copy, landing pages, web copy
- Develop measurement plans that include goals and benchmarks for marketing campaigns
- 4+ years of experience, ideally in a marketing function with a professional services firm, association, or similar company
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Experience with HubSpot Marketing Automation platform, Google Analytics
- Ability to take a project from concept to completion with minimal oversight
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- An understanding of and experience with a variety of marketing communications mediums – including digital, email, collateral, video, web, tradeshows and more
- Experience effectively managing a variety of marketing projects and timelines
- High level of attention to detail and organization is a must have
- Excellent written communications skills with demonstrated experience in writing B2B content – website content, landing pages, blogs, sales enablement material, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise using data, analytics, and metrics to measure performance and determine improvements
- Success working both independently and as part of a team
Employee Value and Compensation
- Starting pay of $70,000 per annum, salary commensurate with experience.
- McKinley Advisors provides an excellent and comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k match, ancillary benefits, professional development opportunities, and generous paid time off benefits.
- McKinley Advisors prides itself on being a highly collaborative and engaged workplace; we believe our people are our greatest assets and are always seeking ways to strengthen our work environment and culture.
- McKinley Advisors is a fast-paced, high-energy firm with a highly motivated staff. This job will experience high work demands under tight timelines requiring a flexible and adaptable approach to daily priorities. This position is primarily sedentary and there will be long periods in front of the computer, possibly standing or sitting for long periods.
- During the pandemic work is conducted remotely, but the expectation will be that once it is safe, the Marketing Manager will come to the Washington DC office on a regular basis.
- Full-time, 100% FTE, Exempt
- Please submit a resume and cover letter.
Building a Stronger Us
We are committed to building a work environment that doesn’t just welcome diversity, equity, and inclusion, but celebrates it.
At McKinley our most important value is being human. We put people above everything else and celebrate and support the individuality of our staff.
McKinley provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.