- 1015 Mid-Way Blvd, Mississauga, ON L5T 2C1, Canada
CWP Architectural is a leading importer and sales organization selling high-end lumber and veneers to millworkers, woodworkers, and specialty lumber dealers. We work closely with the architect and design community placing our unique one-of-a kind wood products in prestigious projects throughout North America.
We are looking for an ambitious, resourceful, and hands-on individual to become a part of our dedicated and passionate team of wood experts. With your initiative and high aspirations, you will play a central role in delivering top quality products and excellent on-time delivery service to our clients.
As Warehouse Associate at CWP Architectural you will:
- Ship and receive lumber/veneer inventory in a safe and efficient manner
- Prepare and pick materials to fill customer orders with accuracy and efficiency
- Tally and calculate quantities of lumber and veneer
- Properly label and identify newly received product
- Load and unload trucks and shipping containers using a forklift with capacity of up to 8000 lbs
- Accurately document and record receiving/shipment of materials
- Resolve inventory discrepancies and perform accurate spot checks regularly
- Work with and communicate with other team members/departments effectively
- Collaborate with management, sales/marketing and administration to keep a steady flow of organization
- Communicate with shipping companies and truck drivers
- Help with other areas of the business as needed
We are willing to train the right candidate on all levels of the exotic wood and veneer business. You must bring to the table the following:
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in a warehouse environment is required
- Valid drivers license
- Valid forklift operator certificate strongly considered or must be willing to be trained
- Organized and efficient work ethic with a strong eye for detail.
- Familiarity with a measuring tape
- Ability to lift by hand at least 75 lbs is required
- Regularly required to walk; stand; sit; climb with the ability to kneel, bend, squat, push, pull and reach above and below the waist
- Strong aptitude with following procedure and ability to process paperwork accurately
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Safety conscious
- Reliability and punctuality are a must
- Computer literacy and trainability greatly recommended
Lumberyard, forestry, construction, and woodworking experience would be an extreme asset. For the right person the next level of advancement could lead to Warehouse Manager or Sales Representative. We are a growing company. Now is the time to join our fun and energetic team to open your doors to a world of opportunity in the wood business.
- Full-time position – M-F – 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Benefits and Insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Employer RSP program available
CWP Architectural is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within CWP Architectural who have contributed to our success. Our achievers are those that take learning seriously though a hands-on approach for career development and advancement.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for the position will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.