- 1199 W Pender St, Vancouver, BC V6E, Canada
Grain St Laurent is a company specialized in the sales and distribution of various types of grains and cereals.
Are you someone who is a confident communicator, detail oriented and who thrives in a challenging environment? Do you want to work in an engaging environment that embraces entrepreneurship?
As a Logistics Coordinator you will :
- Communicate with customers and suppliers to discuss & coordinate shipping/scheduling needs;
- Ensure Precise Execution of Contractual Commitments;
- Responsible for associated administrative components (i.e. customs documentation, scale tickets, invoices, etc.);
- Negotiate Competitive Freight Rates while developing a reliable, long-term carrier base;
- Provide accurate communication between all parties involved to ensure products are shipped in the timeliest and efficient manner;
- Provide excellent customer service and follow-up, while working with a wide range of clients;
- Communicate any market intelligence and freight opportunities to Traders;
- Manage risks and opportunities during the logistics process to identify and mitigate any potential issues;
- Assist with identifying and implementing any improvements to the logistics processes and procedures.
- Exceptional attention to detail and thorough, accurate transaction records;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills;
- Able to effectively manage a multitude of tasks while keeping all parties involved up to date on any changes / challenges to deliveries.;
- Degree in a related field of postsecondary education;
- Knowledge of logistical processes and supply chain management;
- Knowledge of the agricultural industry is considered an asset;
- Proficiency in the Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) (Essential);
- Experience with SAP Business One is considered an asset.
- Experience with Railcar & cross-border logistics is considered an asset.
Furthermore, Grain St. Laurent offers:
- Competitive salary;
- Virtual Cloud Desktop;
- Comprehensive benefits package (dental, health, life, disability, travel, group RRSP with employer contributions, etc.);
- A unique culture and much more!