- 3rd Floor, Embassy Vogue, Palace Road, Bangalore, Bengaluru, Karnataka, in
McFadyen Digital is a global Digital Commerce Agency with a 30-year history of innovation for more than 250 of the world’s top brands. We deliver digital commerce, marketplace, digital marketing, and user experience services from our offices in North America, South America, and India. Across all practices, we help our clients reach their goals by ensuring that technology is implemented strategically and adopted in a way that meets their business objectives.
Learn more about us at our website: www.mcfadyen.com
The Technical Director will drive strategic growth and will be responsible for the technical delivery of consulting services to our customers. You should have experience working with customers in the Fortune 500 and have solid technical background providing solutions to complex, global eCommerce and related digital implementations. You will be responsible to lead & groom high performing teams to success. You also will be responsible for transforming the talent within the company to the next gen solutions.
· Drive diversification of our team’s skills across different technologies, platforms, and business models.
· Ensure that the solutions McFadyen delivers are properly architected, developed, and delivered.
· Strategize with sales prospects and existing clients on innovative technology solutions to mission-critical business needs. Articulate the solutions and quantify cost and timeline estimates, in collaboration with other McFadyen team members.
· Drive and/or support business development including sales calls, preparing technical responses with estimated project scope, costs, duration and resource requirements in written proposals.
- Should guide the project teams on their eCommerce programs.
- Recommend best practices based on past experience, research, frameworks, design patterns, and visionary thinking.
- Provide thought leadership as we explore new ways to develop and grow our Cloud Services, providing state of the art solutions to our customers.
· Participate in recruiting (sourcing & interviewing) of technical staff.
- Lead and managing a team of higly-technical, highly-capable eCommerce Strategist, Architects and Developers from both the project and career perspectives.
· Responsible for some staff performance reviews.
- Must have atleast 15 years of IT experience with 10+ years in eCommerce domain.
- Provide Technical Leadership to our India offices.
- Effectively manage customer expectations and communicate effectively with sales and development teams.
- Promptly address customer concerns and requests for assistance.
- Actively search for opportunities to expand our business within existing accounts.
- Skilled at operating effectively and efficiently in an environment of change and ambiguity.
- Liaise with our other delivery centers via regular early morning and evening videoconferences.
- Candidate must have strong technical background in ecommerce preferably in enterprise ecommerce platform - Magento, Hybris and expertise in Java.
· Experience with related/competing technologies a plus: BroadVision, Vignette, eGrail, Documentum, iPlanet, BEA WebLogic, InterShop, MarketLive, Escalate Retail / Blue Martini, AquaLogic / PlumTree, etc.
· Strong background in web systems integration industry.
- Exposure to Cloud and Digital Marketing solutions will be a big plus.
· Ability to quickly adapt to new and evolving cloud technologies (if not already exposed).
· Exposed to multiple methodologies including Agile / Scrum, waterfall, Rapid Prototyping, XP, etc. and have the ability to assess what makes the most sense for each client’s specific needs.
· Excellent verbal and written communication of technical and business issues is critical.
· Excellent written communication (proposals, writing project work plan, overseeing system design, project artifacts).
· Team player with strong listening and interpersonal skills; strong desire to take on constructive feedback/coaching and make definitive changes; self-awareness and the ability to adapt communication and interaction styles to best suit an audience, situation, or desired outcome.
· Integrity driven to make and deliver achievable commitments.
· Flexibility and respect for company culture and co-workers.
Your Core Values: Integrity, Motivation, Leadership, Proactive, Team-Player