- McDonald's Office Location: Remote - Field
- Global Grade: G4
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. We continue to operate from a position of strength. Our updated growth strategy is focused on staying ahead of what our customers want and realizing further growth potential. Our relentless ambition is why McDonald’s remains one of the world’s leading corporations after almost 70 years. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone.
In this role you will be a member of the US Restaurant Development (USRD) team, primarily supporting the East New Construction team as the Construction Manager supporting the Bethesda (FO) or any other FO, as necessary. The new Construction Team Construction Manager supports the US development plan, including project planning and execution, design, building materials and methods, building systems integration, costs, accounting functions, training, and ADA. Key customers include Owner/Operators, Field Office Leadership and Staff, Corporate Staff, and others as the business dictates.
This person will support the Stamford Field Office or any other FOs in the East New Store Construction Team. It is preferred that the candidate lives in the Nrtheast markett.
In addition to following McDonald’s policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitates professional growth of the Reinvestment Construction staff through leadership and mentoring.
- Actively assists in the development and training of all resources.
- Ensures construction staff engages the curriculum for development training, including mandatory compliance modules.
- Actively participates in the transfer of knowledge across construction resources.
- Assists in the recruiting, interviews and hiring of individuals based on department goals and objectives.
- Ensures staff conformance with McDonald’s standards, procedures, and ethics.
- Contributes to the creation, management, and execution of the Development Plan to meet portfolio returns established by McDonalds.
- Ensures adherence to prescribed construction project drafting and close out policy and audit compliance.
- Is an ambassador for McDonald’s B2B Diversity culture and associated goals.
- Manages and adjusts to maintain an even workload among staff members while still meeting Department, Group and USRD goals.
- Evaluates the impact of development costs on system profitability.
- Aligns team goals with the Group and Corporate strategies.
- Serves as construction liaison with building code officials, general contractors, developers, and product manufacturers servicing the Field Office.
- Contributes to and coordinates with the Construction ‘Center of Expertise’ (COE) to advance technical and creative solutions for specific aspects of building construction.
- Protects and preserves brand image as it relates to building design, building identification, and signage.
- Assists in maintaining appropriate records for use in planning and measuring the department goals and objectives.
- Partners with Real Estate Manager as one tam one goal to expedite openings.
- Promotes the development of outside consultants.
- Ensures corporate compliance for national, state, and local codes and laws.
- Maintains working relationships and is the construction resource for owner/operators, Field Office, Group and Corporate staff.
- Cultivates and promotes working relationships with Field Office Owner Operator leadership organizations, other McDonald’s departments, alliance partners and outside organizations.
- Accountable for coordination of quality assurance measures and processes within the FDT.
- Provides direction and guidance to outside consultants responsible for the development of construction methods as necessary to meet customer needs.
- Resolves issues and questions received from code officials, owner/operators, and corporate staff.
- Relevant construction experience
- Architectural or Engineering Degree preferred
- Strong Communication
- Ability to travel 50% to 70%
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our workforce. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. McDonald’s provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities as part of the application or hiring process or to perform the essential functions of their job. If you need assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise feel you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process, please contact [email protected]. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.