Sr. Manager of Cybersecurity Governance & Compliance
- McDonald's Office Location: MHQ
- Global Grade: G4
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.
Global Technology Risk Management (GTRM) is the team that is ultimately responsible for the securing of McDonald’s information assets at a global level. This role will directly manage the group within GTRM that is responsible for our cybersecurity governance & compliance program and critical services, ensuring our leadership makes informed risk-based decisions. This individual will also be responsible for global information governance efforts, including but not limited to GDPR.
The Sr. Manager of Cybersecurity Governance & Compliance will lead a team of global professionals and will work with partners globally to oversee the day-to-day tactical functioning of the processes and people dedicated to the organization. The position must set high-level strategy and direction for those performing these daily activities and clear expectations, goals, and requirements that must be obtained as a measure of success. This position will work closely with the Segment CIOs, GT senior leadership, and other partners to ensure that at all times, the daily activities upon which McDonald’s depends to reduce risk to the environment are functioning as designed and providing the desired benefit.
- Assess the strategic and practical needs of McDonald’s globally to help ensure that the Company has a world-class Information Governance and Compliance Program.
- Ensure the visibility, value, security, integrity, and availability of electronic data and information throughout the Company.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and implement cost and risk-reducing opportunities for IT Governance and Compliance.
- Oversee and support control owners on the development of their controls and guiding them on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of their controls
- Oversee the facilitation of access reviews and provide feedback on completed reviews
- Provide feedback to control owners on newly developed controls
- Work with external, internal audit, Global Technology, and Finance to improve the global control environment
- Perform functions promptly and with an acute level of attention to detail, urgency, and thoroughness.
- Drive strategic deployment process within Governance & Compliance and own development and implementation of regular improvement priorities. (Continuous improvement methodology).
- Identifies developmental needs of members assigned to project teams and develops suggestions to address those needs. Acts as a mentor to team members on projects and provides on-the-job training. Schedules work, assigns responsibility, and delegates authority for assigned projects.
- Ability to analyze the most complex risk issues, determine their cause and impact on the business, and identify the corrective action needed to eliminate and prevent the events in the future
- Develop strategies and procedures to govern to our policies and standards with the definition of KPI’s associated with compliance.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a strategic program applying industry-leading practices and methodologies to support the achievement of short, medium, and long-term goals.
- Develop and implement appropriate policies, SOPs, training, and guidelines for managing all information.
- Develop and manage global cybersecurity compliance through a well-defined metrics program.
- Work closely with the markets, information management program vendors, and consultants to improve programs.
- Support business units and capabilities (e.g., IT, Law Department, HR, Finance) day-to-day business needs and special projects.
- Develop a strategic third-party governance and compliance program according to McDonald’s policies and standards.
- Supporting the annual departmental budget and capital requirements.
- Provide training and technical support to management and employees regarding IT compliance strategies and programs.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in accounting, audit, finance, business, information systems, or related field; or equivalent related professional experience
- Experience with leadership in IT Security governance, compliance or IT audit.
- Professional experience in internal or external auditing, accounting, or compliance.
- Experienced in key compliance and IT frameworks such as Payment Card Industry (PCI), [ES2] Sarbanes-Oxley, SOC[ES3] reports, HIPAA, ISO27001, COBIT, VALIT, RISKIT, GDPR and privacy frameworks.
- Familiarity with complex multinational companies and distributed business models.
- Experience and willingness to lead a 24x7x365 team and work non-regular hours.
- Experience in leading a team with global regulatory compliance
- Ability to interpret and understand business needs and convey such issues to information security teams.
- Proficient in technical writing and demonstrating various creative mechanisms to communicate to diverse audiences.
- Strong ability to assess urgency and prioritization and make good decisions based upon situation circumstances.
- Professional certifications such as CISA, CISSP, CISM, CRISC CPA, CA, CIA, and PMP.
- Experience in developing and implementing a Global enterprise metrics programs
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.