Manager of Cybersecurity Service Engineering
- McDonald's Office Location: MHQ
- Global Grade: G4
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.
McDonald’s, one of the most recognized brands in the world, is seeking a Manager of CyberSecurity Service Engineering to support our CyberSecurity team as we protect McDonald’s. You will collaborate closely with Global Technology leadership, market leaders, project managers, Global Technology solutions teams, application owners, key vendors, and others to ensure McDonald’s has world class CyberSecurity products and services.
This role will be responsible for developing new CyberSecurity services and enhancing existing services to meet the increasing needs for protecting our users, devices, networks, applications, and data. This person will work closely with all areas of the business and technology teams to ensure that our services are meeting the needs of markets, application teams, corporate departments, and other stakeholders.
The Manager of CyberSecurity Service Engineering will work with partners globally to ensure that the services being managed are designed to meet business needs, are scalable, and are secure. This person must set the high-level strategy and direction for the services they are responsible for and set clear expectations, goals, and requirements for vendors that must be obtained as a measure of success. This position will work closely with market technology teams, GTRM Cybersecurity Service Operations, GTRM architects, application owners, key vendors and others to ensure the proper design and functioning of McDonald’s CyberSecurity services.
- Assess the strategic and practical needs of McDonald’s globally to and help ensure that CyberSecurity products and services this person is responsible for meets the needs of the business.
- Work with vendors to ensure that CyberSecurity services are designed to maintain high availability and resiliency at all times.
- Provide input to a roadmap of proposed future updates and enhancements to the CyberSecurity platform and help socialize with key stakeholders.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify and implement ways to improve the ease of use, security, and operational stability of CyberSecurity systems.
- Perform functions promptly and with an acute level of attention to detail, urgency, and thoroughness.
- Drive strategic improvement projects within CyberSecurity Service Engineering and measure their impact. (Continuous improvement methodology).
- Ensure security policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines are followed.
- Act as a mentor to team members and vendor partners on projects and provide on-the-job training where needed.
- Analyze complex engineering issues, determine their cause and impact on the business, and identify the corrective action needed to eliminate and prevent the events in the future.
- Ensure operations is taken into account as services are created, enhanced, and updated.
- Support a strategic program applying industry-leading practices and methodologies to support the achievement of short, medium, and long-term goals.
- Help develop and implement appropriate policies, SOPs, training, and guidelines for managing services.
- Provide input into future projects to improve CyberSecurity services.
Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, CyberSecurity, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience with a building or operating security services.
- Experience managing 3rd party vendors and service providers
- Experienced in designing, developing, or operating complex CyberSecurity products and services.
- Familiarity with complex multinational companies and distributed business models.
- Experience and willingness to lead a 24x7x365 team.
- Ability to interpret and understand business needs and convey such issues to operations and support teams.
- Proficient in technical writing and demonstrating various creative mechanisms to communicate to diverse audiences.
- Strong ability to assess urgency and prioritization and make good decisions based upon circumstances.
- Professional certifications such as ITIL, CISM, CISSP, or similar.
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.