Development Associate, Construction – US Restaurant Development
- 110 N Carpenter St, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
- McDonald's Office Location: MHQ
- Global Grade: G2
McDonald's is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand in the world by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big daily and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that fosters innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to stay in touch with your team around the globe. With monthly organized events, massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites, our office helps us connect with each other like never before.
At McDonald’s, when we say, “billions served,” we’re not just talking about burgers. We’re talking about serving our communities, customers, crew, farmers, franchisees and suppliers. In U.S. Restaurant Development (USRD), we are a group of professionals that find the dirt, build the restaurants, remodel existing restaurants and support over 14,000 restaurants. Come join one of the largest real estate developers in the world as we continue to grow Brand McDonald’s.
An entry level position for professionals with appropriate educational background. The expected duration of the Associate role is 9 – 18 months dependent upon the individual’s learning curve. Upon completion of this immersion program, the individual will join a development team within the organization.
Bachelor’s degree or greater in the fields of Construction Management, Construction Science, Architecture, Civil Engineering or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in the fields of Construction Management, Construction Science, Architecture, Civil Engineering or similar.
- Associates will receive an overall orientation to McDonalds as well as a more comprehensive orientation to U.S. Restaurant Development (USRD) functions to fully understand how USRD contributes to McDonald’s success and to the communities that we are in.
- The Associate’s supervisor will work with a combination of Field and Home office teams to develop a rotational plan where the Associate will perform a variety of roles within USRD.
- The expected duration in the various roles will vary based on complexity, but generally speaking will be for 3 to 6 months or as needed for the Associate to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the position and their ability to perform the role.
- Monthly evaluations will be conducted with the Associate and the Team leads the Associate is working with to provide feedback and guidance on strengths and opportunities.
- The Supervisor and Associate will work on an ongoing basis to identify opportunities for final placement within the organization in the position that best matches their skillset and the organizational needs.
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
McDonald's Corporation and McDonald's USA, LLC (the "Company") are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company.
Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company.