Finance Supervisor- Global Business Services
- 110 North Carpenter Street, Chicago, IL, United States
- McDonald's Office Location: MHQ
- Global Grade: G3
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
About the Department:
Global Business Services (GBS) is comprised of various teams across both captive shared service centers and third party outsourcing service providers. Our vision is connect our customers with the services and solutions they need, focus on achieving operational excellence, deliver tangible results, and pursue continuous improvement innovation. The GBS finance tower is responsible for global financial service delivery including sourced and GBS delivery teams, North America payroll, customer relationship management, and integrated GBS data and reporting.
About the Opportunity:
This position provides a tremendous opportunity for an individual to gain an overall understanding of the McDonald’s income statement, balance sheet, cash flows, manual journal entry reconciliation, trial balance review, and monthly reporting. It will provide the individual the opportunity to practice their communication skills and people skills. Furthermore it will provide the candidate with broad exposure to the global business services group and related process improvement projects.
- Responsible for monthly sales close process for US
- Prepare monthly Cash flow roll forward for US
- Provide critical analysis of monthly financial statement results for US
- Prepare reports for regional and corporate management
- Ensure the accurate compilation, analysis, and reporting of financial data
- Responsible for monthly SOX reporting and compliance
- Assist in preparing for and providing support to external auditors
- Various ad hoc projects
Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of five years of qualifying accounting work experience
- Proven experience in leading and development of staff
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Significant statistical analysis and reporting experience
- Strong knowledge of general accounting principles
- Intermediate understanding of report query and design
- Ability to multitask with tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Customer Service Orientation
- Flexibility for a changing environment
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Willing to travel 0-10%
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.