Project Manager, Asset Management
- 1 McDonalds Pl, North York, ON M3C 3L4, Canada
- McDonald's Office Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Global Grade: G3
At McDonald's, we are committed to being the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and thought leaders that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, we value personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.
Position title: Project Manager, Asset Management
Department: Restaurant Development
Reports to: Senior National Asset Manager
Type of position: Full-time, 12 month contract
The Real Estate Asset Management Department is hiring a contract Project Manager, Asset Management, located in the Toronto office. The role reports to the Senior National Asset Manager. The successful candidate will partner with Property Management, Asset Managers, Technology, Construction, Field Service and be accountable for for project-managing the execution of “Gateway 4” - an initiative to upgrade McDonald’s network to provide a state-of-the-art solution that will accelerate the growth of our business and drive our 3D strategy.
Key customers include: Property Managers, external vendors (landlords, fibre-optic vendor), Finance, Owner Operators and Regional Staff.
Who You Are:
You are passionate about the real estate business and have the project management abilities to build positive relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external parties. You love to tackle problems and can think critically to make recommendations to management and the project team in order to make the right decisions. You have strong interpersonal and planning skills to move the company forward and make an impact on strategic initiatives. You are a change agent, with strong communication skills who can effectively support our system in a fast paced and agile environment.
What’s in it for you?
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a winning organization during an exciting time of transformational change. You will gain exposure across all levels of the organization, from your team members to the Leadership and Franchisees. You are looking for a company with a winning culture where you can grow in depth and breadth while making a tangible impact on strategic initiatives.
- Act as a single point of contact between the Gateway 4 team and Asset Management to manage landlord approvals and lease renegotiations and/or landlord-related issues or escalations to ensure minimal disruption to the project’s timelines.
- Prepare business cases and liaise with Finance during business case analysis.
- Understand real estate documentation and work closely with legal and back-office teams to execute and document transactions
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors
- Ensure that all tasks are delivered on-time
- Develop a detailed tracking report/system to monitor and track progress, in order to report and escalate to management as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bilingual in French and English is not mandatory, but the role may have some responsibility in the Quebec properties.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of related real estate training and work experience in deal negotiations in commercial real estate
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience with project management, preferably in the real estate industry
- Strong negotiator with outstanding knowledge of commercial leases and lease terms.
- QSR retail leasing experience or legal experience in commercial leasing considered an asset.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-organized, with excellent multi-tasking and prioritizing skills to manage multiple sites at any given time, with tight deadlines - while still maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills and technologically savvy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adjust quickly to change.
- Critical thinker and ability to escalate when assistance is needed in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and lead all areas of responsibility, with minimal supervision and to impeccable professional standards.
McDonald’s Canada and Owner/Operators are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Our workplaces have a long-standing policy of providing fair, equitable, and accessible opportunities for all employees and prospective employees. Accommodations during the application process are available upon request.