Marketing Administrative Assistant
- 110 N Carpenter St, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
- McDonald's Office Location: MHQ
- Global Grade: G2
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer a broad range of outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements - check them out here!
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald’s Marketing department needs a top notch Administrative Assistant. This is an excellent opportunity to build upon your professional experience in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment. You will be a critical team member and will perform a wide variety of specialized and administrative functions. The top candidate will possess strong organizational and communication skills and a proven track record of getting results.
- Providing extensive calendar management and complex meeting planning
- Participate in the coordination and editing of communications, processes and tasks that align with and support the overall goals of the team and organization
- Track timelines and coordinate the completion of ongoing department projects
- Manage all travel arrangements and logistics including itinerary building, and expense report processing
- Work directly with departments to effectively communicate necessary employee matters (i.e. employee transfers, recognitions, anniversaries) to appropriate audiences
- Generate department related reports
- Develop, consolidate and edit PowerPoint presentations, agendas, meeting summaries and other materials in support of department meetings
- Assist with on-boarding process
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience preferred
- Tech savvy – must know MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and WebEx or similar meeting tools
- Polished professional comfortable interacting with Executive level management
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills
- Must be extremely proactive and energetic
- Reliable, results-oriented, and able to anticipate needs
- Demonstrates ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Quick learner and ability to understand complex business issues
- Must be organized, motivated, and detail-oriented with superior follow-through
- Must be able to prioritize and work well under deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and ability to complete large volumes of work efficiently and effectively
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.